Tick downloader crashes on ES download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick downloader crashes on ES download

I tried to download 10 days of ES #F tick data with the latest v10 release (32 bit release on a Windows 7 x64). It consistently crashes near the end of the retrieval.

A release of v10 about 2-3 releases back will hang the application rather than produce a crash report.

There were well over 23 million records received. I've got 6 gigs of memory with about 1.7 gig in use most of the time so that's not it.

Steve,

Thanks for the post, we're able to duplicate the issue you've reported and forwarded the results on to our developers and Product Managers. Once I have more information as to a resolution I'll post back.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Steve,

Developement on eSignal 10 is complete and any new bugs that are discovers mostly will not be address going forward. In the testing we found that the crash occurs when downloading more then 23,030,342 records.

The Tick Downloader scheduled for release in eSignal 11.5 will better handle the larger data sets. As a workaround would may consider reducing the number of days of tick data you're making the request on?

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

ES download not working

Tick downloader is just hanging again when I request 10 days of ES tick data. Only amounted to around 13,000,000 bits before just freezing multiple times. It also no longer truly downloads the full 10 days, it hasn't done so for weeks, what is going on?
        Last edited by clmacdougall; 10-14-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X