eSignal OnDemand Product Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal OnDemand Product Forum

Currently, there is no forum for eSignal OnDemand product.

Please add a forum for discussion on eSignal OnDemand product where users can post comments and suggestions.

We consider OnDemand just another new flavor of eSignal. We haven't traditionally had different forums for Premier, Premier Plus or any other "level" of eSignal service.

Was there something in particular you were looking to discuss in this new proposed forum that you feel doesn't fit in any of the existing forums?

Thanks.

Comment

I have 2 suggestions and 1 bug report for OnDemand product.

1) Please add more historical intraday data. 1 year worth of data should be the minimum. The oldest data that I can get is June 11, 2008. For example, intraday data for NAB-ASX, ASX-ASX, and other australian stocks only goes back to June 11, 2008.

2) Please use company names for Hong Kong stocks. All the Hong Kong stock have a generic label "Hong Kong Stocks" in the name field. If you type in ticker symbol 0011-HKG, 0012-HKG, or 0013-HKG, the name field in Quote window does not show the company name. You can use the following link to help you to map the ticker code with the appropriate company name. For example, ticker 0001-HKG would be "Cheung Kong" in the name field.
      http://www.hkex.com.hk/tradinfo/stockcode/eisdeqty.htm

3) The Trade Manager does not work with Interactive Broker for placing order to trade Globex and eCBOT futures. The "Route" drop down field is blank even after I set the correct route in Symbol Dictionary and Order Defaults screen. The Trade Manager would try to send the order to IB "SMART" routing and the order would be rejected by IB. The Trade Manager's "Route" drop down box is currently blank and it need to be fixed so the user can select Globex or eCBOT to route the order. You can test this bug by adding both the ES Sept 2008 and YM Sept 2008 futures contract to Trade Manager. Try switching back and forth on placing order for ES and YM to Interactive Broker and it will get rejected because of routing problem. This bug exists in both eSignal OnDemand platform and eSignal QuoteTrader stand alone software. I am a register user for both products.
      Last edited by WinSum; 09-02-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Hi WinSum,

That should be operating as expected in the IB plug-in version 1256. I've just successfully tested it, by assigning in the Dictionary and the Order Defaults ES for GLOBEX, and YM for ecbot.
        Would you please install it and let me know if you get the same results?
        http://www.esignal.com/executables/ib_plugin_1256.exe

Thanks,

Brent Threadgill
        Trading Integration Product Management
        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Brent,

It didn't work. The Route drop down box is still blank and the orders is still being rejected. I am using the latest version IB Trader Workstation Build 886.5.

Is the IB plugin installation a fix for both QuoteTrader and eSignal v10.1 Trade Manager ?
          Last edited by WinSum; 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hey WinSum,

Please excuse the delayed response.
            Once you assigned the quote source / routing destination in both Symbol Mapping and Order Defaults (moving both contracts under the asset class "futures"), you still found the order ticket to default to another destination?

Thanks,

Brent Threadgill
            Integrated Trading Product Management
            [email protected]
            Attached Files

Comment

Order Default Screenshot:
              Attached Files

Comment

Symbol Mapping Screenshot:
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brent,

I don't know how to upload multiple screenshots within one post, so I will reply 3 times with different screenshots in each post.

The routing instruction is setup correctly in both the Symbol Mapping and Order Default. However it is still routing somewhere else and being rejected by Interactive Broker. Normally, I would use one-click trading but to troubleshoot what is going on, I turned on order confirmation feature. The Order Confirmation dialog box shows that the order is still being routed to "SMART" routing. As you can see the routing drop down box in Trade Manager is blank so you can't specify where to send it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi WinSum,

Thank you for spending the extra time taking all those screen shots.
                    Not sure if this is contributing to the issue, but would you try remapping using eSignal's symbology that includes the month and year, and let me know if that resolves the issue?
                    If the problem persists, I'd like to do a webex and log into my IB demo account from your desktop.

Thanks

Brent Threadgill
                    Trading Integrated Product Management

Comment

Hi Brent,

That did the trick. I have to use ES U8 and YM U8 during the lookup process. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X