Issues with posting to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with posting to forum

Sometime in the last few months I have noticed that posting to the forum will fail with a message saying that the connection to the server was reset.

This results in email being sent to people subscribing to the thread or group, but no message actually being posted to the forum's themselves.

Multiple attempts to post the message results in multiple emails to subscribers, but as long as the error persists, no message being posted to the forums.

I can tell others are having the same problems, as I sometimes get the same messages in my mailbox 3 or more times, and sometimes I never see the corresponding post in the forum.

I noticed this first with the PM system in the forums, and had to stop using that. Now it is happening regularly when I post.

I use firefox 3.0.1 at home and at work (different computers) and see the issue both places.

Maybe if others who are seeing the issue reply to this thread (if you can) with what browser and version they are using, it can get narrowed down to a specific issue with a specific browser or release.

Garth
    Garth

Well its happening again today...I had to try to post a message many times before it posted. I'm sure I was flooding people's email.

I also had a bunch of duplicate emails in my inbox from others who were posting to the forum, I can only guess they were having the same problem.

What is happening here?

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Hello gspiker,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and we are investigating the issue now. I do not know what is causing this to happen at this time, but hope to resolve it soon.

Thank you for your post.

- Todd -
      Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
      3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

Working...
      X