Back Testing eMINI S&P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Testing eMINI S&P

I have been back testing my own formula on the eMini S&P.
    However - the dollar back test results are calculated on a $1.00 per each $1.00 point change on the futures contract instead of the normal $50.00 profit/loss per $1.00 change on the contract.

Is there a way to adjust the back test feature to read the contract as such...

I also have the same problem when using the paper trade function.

Thanks

Andy

Andy
    In the Default Lot Size box insert the value per point per number of contracts traded. So for example if you are back testing 3 ES contracts insert 150 (3x50).
    Alex

Comment

Thank you Alexis...

On another note, I also tried to have the strategy run on the "paper trade" function but it doesnt do anything at all...
      I went to "Trade" then "Order Ticket Disigner" and created added my Formula to the ticket.
      Then went to "Trade" then "Attach Order Ticket" and selected my formula from the drop down menu and clicked the Button that says "Run EFS" with my formula name under it... but with no results or actions taken.

Can you help with this please.

Thanks again

Andres

Comment

Hello Andres,

Were you clicking the trade buttons in the attached order ticket? If you were expecting the EFS to automatically send the trades, then you need program the study to do so using the Generic Broker functions.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X