Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtesting graph not displaying on Vista

Hi,
    I'm using Advanced Get backtesting on a Windows XP desktop computer and the backtesting graph works no problem, however on a laptop with Windows Vista Business and Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz (2MB) the graph does not display at all (see attached jpeg for screenshot).

I have turned off Windows and Firealarm Firewalls to see if that was the problem but no change, am thinking this might be something simple like java settings or something??

If you could let me know how to fix this that would be great as planning to use laptop for next few days (ideally to focus on strategies away from these crazy markets at the moment)!

thanks,

Murray

btw after posting just noticed an existing thread from ahenrich Backtesting under Vista - Posted: 04-03-2007 that asked the same question, although no solution that I can see, if anyone knows please let us know...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MurrayB; 09-30-2008, 02:11 AM.

Hey Murray,

I ran into the same problem with our test Vista Machine as well. To resolve the issue I had to update the drivers for my video card.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks AveryH,

I'll try to update the drivers to get it going (I've already attempted to update the drivers to no avail but am fairly green at this so will have another go).

cheers,

Murray

Comment

MurrayB,

Definitely try updating the drivers again and if you're still unable to get the graphs here's something else you can try.

Make sure your laptop's video card support Direct X, being on Windows Vista I'm highly confident that it should. Also check out Microsoft's website for updates to Direct X and make sure your video card is on the list of approved Direct X cards.

Please let me know if this works for you.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

I have had this issue as well since switching to Vista. Video card is NVDIA GeForce 7900GS. I have downloaded new drivers and updated DirectX. Still doesn't work.

Comment

same problem here. Running lastest version of driver and directx.

Any fix?

Garth
            Garth

Comment

Running both the DM and eSignal as administrator fixes the issue.

(use start menu and right click on the application and select "run as administrator").

Note that you will have to load the chart layout you want...so you might want to make sure you know where it is.
              Garth

Comment

wow thanks gspiker!

i had pretty much given up on the vista and used another computer with XP but this is a great help!

The 'run as administrator' worked perfectly, for me it helps a lot to get an overview of the system performance and where things are working or going wrong via the equity graph and this is a great help.

Excellent work, thanks for sorting this out,

MurrayB

Comment

Working...
                X