Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"XML Read Error" when Back Testing with Strategy Analyzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "XML Read Error" when Back Testing with Strategy Analyzer?

Um Ok, I have a problem all of a sudden. As of today all my scripts would backtest fine, no problems. But now as of around 6pm today, some of my EFS scripts that have been working fine for months when I backtest them using the Strategy Analyzer don't work when I run a backtest today. I go to Tools--> Backtest--> select the EFS and hit Run.

Now, I get an "XML Read Error" and the Strategy Analyzer fails to load EFS scripts that were made in and have been running/backtesting since last year just fine.

Nothing was changed in the scripts, not one thing, yet now they don't backtest for some reason...it's very strange.

I figured it may be a corrupted file/s so I just copied the syntax of one fine that used to backtest and now doesn't onto another Formula Editor window and saved it as a new file, but the new EFS file still gets the same "XML Read Error" as before, and the Strategy Analyzer fails to load. It would only make sense if I had changed something in the syntax of the code on those EFS scripts that now don't work, but I didn't, which is why this is baffling me.

Also, the EFS scripts still run fine in the advanced chart (just as they have all along), they just won't backtest using the Strategy Analyzer anymore due to the "XML Read Error".

Does anyone have any idea what this could be due to?
    Last edited by DBBLI; 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM.
Working...
X