Cross combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross combination

Hi! Can you help me with one thing? I want 7 moving averages in the same chart and trade when a crosscombination occurs. How do i program the chart to show the 7 moving averages? The crossing signal i just look for in the chart..
    The ma:s are 2 (high), 4 (high), 7 (high), 7 (low), 11 (low), 15 (low), 18 (low)

I know i can just draw these manually but since i experiment with different parameters and several ma:s it´s easier this way. Is it possible to do this with the wizard?

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Reply to post 'Cross combination'

Patrik
    Yes it is possible to do it with the Wizard. However due to a current limitation of the Wizard once you have created the efs it is not easy to edit the settings of the averages as you need to open the formula with the Editor or the Wizard to change the values.
    So you would be better off creating the formula using the Editor where you can set up input variables to pass to the studies.
    The end result however is no different in terms of ease IMHO than actually setting up the averages by hand because to change any of the variables you still need to go into Edit Studies.
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 03-13-2003, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your answer! How will such a script look? I am kind of new with esignal so i have not yet figured out :/

Thanks!

Comment

Patrik
        If you want to do it with the Wizard then look at the image I have attached then open the Wizard and replicate it and then add the other MAs that you want.
        If you need to change anything you can always open the efs using the Wizard itself.
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Patrik
          Attached is the efs created by the Wizard with the parameters shown in the image in my prior message
          Save it to any of the subfolders of the Formulas folder in eSignal.
          Then launch the Wizard and select Open an existing formula so that you can see how it was created. At that point you can add MAs, edit their values etc.
          Alex
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you..thank you very much

Comment

Is there some way to delete all labels in the right margin? I can do it one at a time of course but is there a simpler way?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X