Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading historical data

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve and save historical intraday data using EFS. When I use getMinute() it only returns data for
    each bar dispalyed in the chart. I can save that data to excel using dll object.
    But can you advise me on how to retrieve historical data using efs. Or if it's possible to change chart date(like we
    can do using "Go to date" function) using efs?

Cheers
    Mudit

Mudit
    You do not necessarily need to use an efs to download data. You can do that using the Data Export tool which can be accessed from the main menu by selecting Tools-> Data Export or by right clicking the chart and selecting Tools-> Data Export.
    If you need to download more data than is plotted in the chart then you can request it by using a Time Template and defining the required number of days of data to be loaded (up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data). For information on Time Templates and how to use them see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by morphtrade
    Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve and save historical intraday data using EFS. When I use getMinute() it only returns data for
    each bar dispalyed in the chart. I can save that data to excel using dll object.
    But can you advise me on how to retrieve historical data using efs. Or if it's possible to change chart date(like we
    can do using "Go to date" function) using efs?

Cheers
    Mudit

Comment

Thanks. That solves the purpose but it will be much quicker if I want to download multiple symbols at same time. Then I can just run the efs script which will download all the symbols rather than doing one at a time.

Cheers
      Mudit

Comment

Mudit
        To do what you want you will need to use the File Object. If you run a search through the EFS Studies forum you should find several examples as this subject has been discussed before.
        Note that an efs can access up to a maximum of 7 external intervals so you will need to take that into consideration. Also keep in mind that you will not be able to use the Formula Wizard to write the formula as the required logic and functions cannot be implemented using that tool.
        Personally I would suggest that you look into a proper data downloader such as for example QCollector Pro for eSignal which is relatively inexpensive and is a considerably more flexible and efficient way of accomplishing the task (with one click you can download the data for hundreds of symbols and append it to existing files in any ascii format).
        Alex

Originally posted by morphtrade
        Thanks. That solves the purpose but it will be much quicker if I want to download multiple symbols at same time. Then I can just run the efs script which will download all the symbols rather than doing one at a time.

Cheers
        Mudit

Comment

Working...
        X