Formula Wizard Stop Orders Triggering too early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Wizard Stop Orders Triggering too early

I was trying to set fix stops in the formula Wizard, but they keep triggering in the same bar they are called rather than the next. For instance, if I wanted to buy on close on daily chart fo XYZ, and set stop for 50.00, if XYZ traded at 50 during that day I bought on the close it triggers the stop. Is there anyway in the formula wizard to keep this from happening? Thanks for any help.

Re: Formula Wizard Stop Orders Triggering too early

Richie_Rich84
    You should be able to do that in the Formula Wizard by inverting the order of the conditions ie first set the condition that evaluates if the strategy is long in which case it sets the stop and then set the condition that triggers the trade entry
    Alex

Originally posted by Richie_Rich84
    I was trying to set fix stops in the formula Wizard, but they keep triggering in the same bar they are called rather than the next. For instance, if I wanted to buy on close on daily chart fo XYZ, and set stop for 50.00, if XYZ traded at 50 during that day I bought on the close it triggers the stop. Is there anyway in the formula wizard to keep this from happening? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
    X