X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert Wizard Installation Steps

Installation steps:

0. backup your winsig.exe.
    1. download: http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot...emo/ws518a.zip (there's a ws518.zip there which I was unable to delete, make sure you download ws518a.zip).
    2. unzip into \Program Files\eSignal, overwrite any files (it contains new directories \Formulas\Alerts and \keywords with new files in them).
    3. edit \windows\winsig.ini or \winnt\winsig.ini, and include the following:

[MAG]
    AlertWizard=YES

4. start eSignal. The Alerts are NOT loaded automatically (for your safety =) ). They will be loaded when you do this:
    5. ctrl-right click on the application's gray desktop (this will start any previously saved Alerts).
    6. Select 'Alert Wizard'. (the 'Stop' command is there just in case everything goes haywire =) ).
    7. play around, send us feedback.

I'm interested in knowing if the Alert Wizard was intuitive or not. Let me know if you could easily figure out how to add and configure studies, grab study values, set up alerts, understand the difference between unnamed and named formulas, etc...

Thanks!

Dion,

I unzipped everything, added the ini option, verified I am running 518. When I right click, no menu appears.

m.
    Matt Gundersen

Comment

Did you ctrl-right click?

Comment

That did it - thanks
        Matt Gundersen

Comment

Beta help???

Hey guys,

I tried to install the new beta today (because I continually have a problem with esignal not updating charts in RT - the problem is only with the ES #f chart in 8 minute format). I have tried and tried to resolve this problem. I just purchased a new machine and am going to try to install everything over there...

The problem I get with the NEW beta is "A required .DLL file, BCGCB60.DLL was not found". What did I do wrong??

I unzipped with OVERWRITE on and USE FOLDER INFO on??

Any help would be appreciated??

Also, is there a newer beta available??

Brad
          Brad Matheny
          eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Brad,

You'll have to upgrade from the last beta EXE. I think build 513 or 516 ? Check the Beta 7-2 group for the last EXE posted by Todd.

After that's done, you can unzip Build 518 on top of that.

Comment

Brad,

The link I sent you in the PM only gets you to the latest installer. You'll need to run Dion's zip file after the installer is complete to get his new pieces.

Matt will be giving me more pieces in the next day or 2 and I'll place them in an installer to make it easier. This installer won't be released to everyone, but I'll place a copy of it in a place you can get to.

Comment

This is an OLD THREAD - please disregard.
                Matt Gundersen

Comment

Working...
                X