Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving average histogram

Hello,

I'm trying to put together a simple study. It's a histogram depicting the price fluctuations between a 5 EMA and a 35 EMA on any given chart. The result would appear as a histogram in a subchart window.

The formula is simple -

Data = Mov(Close, 5) – Mov(Close, 35)

for each bar.

Can it be done in the formula wizard?

Re: Moving average histogram

BelgianJ
    You can very easily do that with the Formula Wizard using the Oscillator Study and setting the fast and slow lengths to 5 and 35 respectively and the "Exponential" option to true
    Alex

Originally posted by BelgianJ
    Hello,

I'm trying to put together a simple study. It's a histogram depicting the price fluctuations between a 5 EMA and a 35 EMA on any given chart. The result would appear as a histogram in a subchart window.

The formula is simple -

Data = Mov(Close, 5) – Mov(Close, 35)

for each bar.

Can it be done in the formula wizard?

Comment

Easily done...

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for your response. I still have to learn to navigate the formula wizard.

I was able to achieve my goal by using the editor and editing the basic MACD formula and changing the parameters to 5 and 35.

Thanks for your help.

- Jeremy

Comment

Re: Easily done...

Jeremy
        If you are unfamiliar with using the Formula Wizard you may want to review this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
        Alex

Originally posted by BelgianJ
        Hi Alexis,
        Thank you for your response. I still have to learn to navigate the formula wizard.
        I was able to achieve my goal by using the editor and editing the basic MACD formula and changing the parameters to 5 and 35.
        Thanks for your help.
        - Jeremy

Comment

Working...
        X