Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeltnerAtrEmaAdj.efs

KeltnerAtrEmaAdj.efs

Thanks for guiding me to this link, but how can i change the line thickness? I would like the outer bands to be thicker. Also, I like the middle line to be a different color. Color change is no problem, but when I go into the override in the study editor all the lines change to 1 color.

email is [email protected]
    MH

MH
    You need to open the efs using the Editor (Tools->EFS->Editor in the main menu) and do the following:

To change the color replace the color with one of your choice in the following three lines of the script
    setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue, 0); // upper
    setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.red, 1); // basis
    setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue, 2); // lower

For example if you want the upper to be yellow change the corresponding line to be:
    setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.yellow, 0); // upper
    The list of basic colors available is as follows
    white, black, darkgrey, grey, lightgrey, navy, blue, aqua, cyan, teal, darkgreen, green, lime, olive, khaki, brown, purple, red, magenta, maroon, fuschia, yellow, lightyellow, paleyellow.
    Other colors are available using RGB values.

For the line thickness add the following immediately after the section of the efs mentioned above.
    setDefaultBarThickness(2,0); //upper
    setDefaultBarThickness(1,1); //basis
    setDefaultBarThickness(2,2); //lower

The first number sets the thickness and the second number assigns the command to the desired plot
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

I downloaded the KeltnerAtrEmaadj.efs to my esignal library. It says that it cannot find it when I go to insert it from my library. It brings up an error and a Formula Output window and says it cannot find the formula.

I run on a network, but I have esignal running locally on my C: drive under program files?

Comment

Hello agrisk1,

The formula calls another formula, which should be located in your \eSignal\Formulas\Library\ folder called, KeltnerEMA.efs. Is this the formula name in your error message? This formula is one of the formulas that installs with eSignal. Double-check and make sure you still have this formula in the Library folder. If not, you can reinstall eSignal or download the formula below and save it to your Library folder.

KeltnerEMA.efs
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

thanks for responding. i tried opening the keltnerema.efs file and it says access denied. i can opent the keltneremaatr.efs that i recently downloaded.

do i need to reload esignal, or is there a permissions problem that is not allowing the *.efs files to be read?

Comment

When you click on the link for KeltnerEMA.efs, select the save option and save the formula to \eSignal\Formulas\Library\ folder.

Then start eSignal, select an advanced chart, right-click on that chart and select Formulas. Navigate to the folder where you saved the KeltnerAtrEmaAdj.efs formula and apply it to your chart.

Let me know if this helps.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...