Tick indicator study ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Scott,

You have the correct understanding of the $TICK. At any rate, even if we had a solution to the zero volume bars, there still isn't any after market data for the $TICK. A comparison of ES to $TICK in the after market hours would be comparing a flat line of $TICK to the ES.

Matt,

A request has already been submitted to the development team to give an option to turn the display of the parameters off. I'll send them a reminder.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

let me hijack this thread real quick and ask you an off topic question.
      Could you come up with a new day marker for tick charts, that puts a shape on the chart at 9:30 ?
      Matt Gundersen's new day marker works great on minute charts, but using tick charts it puts the marker at 6.30 .

thanks

Matt

Comment

How can I obtain the tickitick.efs file as I have tried to click the link but get a connection refused.

Robert

Comment

Robert
          You can find a copy attached to this message
          Alex
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, a very nice study. However I still need some feedback on why this indicator as well as the others I have show $ticki/$tick data on intraday charts when the cash market is not yet open and when looking at the $tick/$ticki symbols directly in a chart no updates are taking place which is correct.

Anyway I will soon know what will happen as the cash market will open in 10 minutes.

Robert

Comment

RobMc
              I am not running these studies so I am not sure about this but I believe they require that the Time Template be set to the trading hours of the cash market.
              Alex

Comment

The indicator is updating real time now. however because I run continuous futures I do not want to change the time template. It would be nice if there was a capability to flat line all data outside the trading hours.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                X