Sounding the Alert()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounding the Alert()

In the EFS example Alert Once Per Bar their is a code line that play's a sound file using: Alert.playSound("train.wav");

Can anyone please tell me what the correct syntax is to play a sound file? The help file states that the syntax is :

Alert.playSound( sSoundFile )
    sSoundFile: Path and file name of the WAV file to play.

I keep sound files in a folder located under Windows OS in C:\media. I've tried Alert.playSound("C:\media\bleep.wav") but that doesn't work. I'm sorry, I'm not a Javascript programmer so any help here would be appreciated.

Would the correct path be "C:\\media\\bleep.wav" Are the two backslahes the correct syntax?

Comment

Highfield
      Yes or you could also go in the EFS settings (Tools->EFS->Settings) and redirect the path to the folder of your choice after which you should be able to just use the Alert.playSound("yourfile.wav") syntax.
      Alex

Comment

Ok - that's sorted it out. One has to use a double forward slash in the path to specify the file location. (I'm now feeling very vertuous)

Comment

Thank you Alexis - That is an even better solution.
          Last edited by Highfield; 08-08-2003, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Does specifiying an interval with the utility function isIntraday() test specifically for the interval passed to it?

I would like to play a sound file that is different to a sound file played if the chart interval is 30 minutes. I'm affraid that I'm not very familiar with javascript but I have tried this code below:

if(isIntraday(30)){
            Alert.playSound("ding.wav");
            }
            else{
            Alert.playSound("dong.wav");
            }

What happends is that it plays the dong.wav file and not the ding.wav file when in a 30 minute chart. Can someone help me with this please?

Comment

Highfield
              I am not sure but I think isIntraday() does not use any parameters.
              Irrespective you can use getInterval() to specify the interval at which you want the sound to be different.
              Alex

PHP Code:
              if (getInterval()==30){ 
              Alert.playSound("ding.wav");
              }
              else{
              Alert.playSound("dong.wav");

Last edited by ACM; 08-12-2003, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Thank you Alexis. I read the EFS.chm help file and found this:

isIntraday( [interval] )
                Interval: Optional. Interval to be checked.
                Returns true if the script is currently processing intraday data (e.g., the script is loaded into an intraday chart).

On that basis, I presumed that the [optional interval] would compare the chart interval.

Comment

Within an EFS script, is it possible to play two sound files, one after the other?

Comment

Hello Highfield,

You can only play one sound during a single iteration of your formula. If you have two Alert.playSound() calls back to back, for example, only the second one will be heard.
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager
                    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                    EFS Glossary
                    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                    X