Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAST 13,8,3,3,T
    SLOW 13,21,5,5,T

I'm still experimenting with diff values. But it seems as though a fast STO works better on smaller time frames and a slow works better on longer time frames. I haven't figured out a good relationship between the RSI and STO %K periods. For now I'm trying to leave RSI constant and try diff STO param. Once I find a set of parameters that seems useful I can change the defaults in the EFS if needed. I would be interested in hearing what other traders have tried.

Comment

Hello pj909,

I've made some modifications for you. Basically, you have two sets of defaults that you can specify through "Edit Studies." To toggle back and fourth between the current settings of your fast and slow defaults you just select FAST/SLOW from the "Set Defaults" option in "Edit Studies."

StochOfRSI3.efs
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason,
        Why did you comment out the upper and lower bands? And why return only vK not Array(vK, vD)? I think there are probably several version running around now so I included the version I've been using.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello pj909,

You originally replied to my post that contained StochOfRSI2.efs, so I thought you wanted these changes made to that version. At any rate, please find the same modifications to your version below.

StochOfRSI3.efs
          Jason K.
          Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
          EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason, Sorry for the confusion and thanks for all you efforts. I have a few questions about the latest version.

When I want to permanently change the defaults do I change the array at 144-154 or the fp variables at 38-82?

In edit studies the SLOW values are displayed in the FAST settings. (see attached png) And according to the values displayed in the Study Title it appears as though I can only change the SLOW values; changing defaults under edit studies doesn't help either. Can this be fixed?

BTW - If the the default settings can't be changed why are they displayed?

After making a change in edit studies the title tab at the bottom also displays all the parameter values. Can this be inhibited (it makes the tab very BIG)?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello pj909,

When I want to permanently change the defaults do I change the array at 144-154 or the fp variables at 38-82?
              You need to change them in both areas.

In edit studies the SLOW values are displayed in the FAST settings. (see attached png) And according to the values displayed in the Study Title it appears as though I can only change the SLOW values; changing defaults under edit studies doesn't help either. Can this be fixed?
              I don't think you're looking at it correctly. Scroll down a little farther and you'll see the settings for the FAST defaults. That first option, Set Defaults, just toggles your formula between FAST or SLOW, so what ever is selected is what the formula is currently using.

After making a change in edit studies the title tab at the bottom also displays all the parameter values. Can this be inhibited (it makes the tab very BIG)?
              We aware of this and it has been suggested to our development team to come up with an alternative display on the tabs. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the next release.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
              X