Programing studies for the WatchList in V11.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programing studies for the WatchList in V11.5

The attached code plots the upper and lower range lines on the chart corresponding to the price range over the opening 'n' minutes.

I've adapted the code, trying to get the watchlist to alert me when a price moves out of it's opening range of 'n' Minutes. My code is commented.

It 'almost' works, except that some candidates on the watchlist are not alerted when they should be, and others are alerted incorrectly when they should not be, which gives no confidence that I have got it even nearly correct.

I think the issues are the variables vHigh and vLow, which are not returned according to the values displayed on the chart.

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong!?

Thanks

RR

2012 10 08 15 Opening Range.efs

RR,

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong!?
    I tried many different ways to get accurate values in the Watchlist but when loaded in the Watchlist the returned values are incorrect and don't match the correct values when the script is loaded on a chart. And yes, I changed the interval and time templates in the Watchlist to match those of the chart and efs study. In short I don't know what is wrong.

However I did find a workaround.

op.efs
    op_WL.efs

The only way I was able to get accurate values displayed in the Watchlist was using two scripts. I used "op.efs" in the chart to generate global variables via "setGlobalValue()" and "opWL.efs" to retrieve and display the values in the Watchlist.

Since only global variables are used for the Watch List there is no need to change the inteval in the WatchList via right-click on the column header and select Edit Columns.

Load "op.efs" script on the chart. If Watch List output is desired, then run concurrently with "op_WL.efs" loaded into the Watch List.

Again, "op_WL.efs" will not output if "op.efs" is not loaded on a chart.

If anyone knows how to get RR's script to return accurate values when run in the Watch List, your help is appreciated.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by waynecd View Post

Again, "op_WL.efs" will not output if "op.efs" is not loaded on a chart.

If anyone knows how to get RR's script to return accurate values when run in the Watch List, your help is appreciated.

Wayne
      Wayne,

Thanks very much for your help on this!

I can't work it out either, but I'm a very basic programmer. I hope one of the eSignal support folks can help with the last little step.

I appreciate your help. I usually have 15/30/60 minute varations on screen, so it's quite important to me.

Best Wishes

Comment

I don't know if this problem has been resolved or not but I have found that I have to add extra bars to the Watchlist in order for the calculations to match the charts. Right click watchlist then Properties>TimeTemplate then DataRange=fixed 500 Bars.

Comment

HawkArps
          See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase as to why that is
          Alex

Originally posted by HawkArps View Post
          I don't know if this problem has been resolved or not but I have found that I have to add extra bars to the Watchlist in order for the calculations to match the charts. Right click watchlist then Properties>TimeTemplate then DataRange=fixed 500 Bars.

Comment

Working...
          X