Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get an EFS study to visually update on My Chart window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get an EFS study to visually update on My Chart window?

Hi and Good Day. I am currently using Version 12.0.3598.1040 64-bit. I have downloaded from EFS Library/Stocks & Commodities Magazine/#5697 2014 Oct.: Creating A Trading Strategy by Sylvain Vervoort, when downloaded is named = SVEHaTypeCrossStrategy.efs. I use the formula in the main window, and when initially loaded the chart looks fine. Strategy shows longs and short entries along with prices on the chart, but when new bars are added to the chart the lines that are supposed to be created on the chart do not update, and the only way I get them to show up is to update the chart using F5. This behavior also happens on another formula he wrote 2009 May: Fixed Percentage Stop Method, by Sylvain Vervoort.…(Modified_ATR_TrailingStops.EFS).
    Neither one of these EFS studies, updates once initially loaded in version 10.6 either. What am I doing incorrectly, or how to I correct this? Thanks for in advance for help.
    Attached Files

Pete Z
    As to the Modified ATR Trailing Stop you can find an explanation (together with a solution) in this thread related to the very same formula.
    As to the other formula the reason is essentially the same with the one difference being that only the conditions and actions for the strategy are enclosed in a condition that checks for the bar to be different than the most recent one.
    Alex

Originally posted by Pete Z View Post
    Hi and Good Day. I am currently using Version 12.0.3598.1040 64-bit. I have downloaded from EFS Library/Stocks & Commodities Magazine/#5697 2014 Oct.: Creating A Trading Strategy by Sylvain Vervoort, when downloaded is named = SVEHaTypeCrossStrategy.efs. I use the formula in the main window, and when initially loaded the chart looks fine. Strategy shows longs and short entries along with prices on the chart, but when new bars are added to the chart the lines that are supposed to be created on the chart do not update, and the only way I get them to show up is to update the chart using F5. This behavior also happens on another formula he wrote 2009 May: Fixed Percentage Stop Method, by Sylvain Vervoort.…(Modified_ATR_TrailingStops.EFS).
    Neither one of these EFS studies, updates once initially loaded in version 10.6 either. What am I doing incorrectly, or how to I correct this? Thanks for in advance for help.

Comment

Working...
    X