Clear All

• High Five EFS

For the past several days, the High Five has displayed incorrect
    Comp and Indu values. Is this being addressed? The values
    do update, they are just wrong by a large value. I am using the
    new FuturesLive update, would this have an effect on the
    values displayed?

Hello mriley,

You are the second person to mention this problem. However, I'm not seeing it on my end. Check these two things for me. First, make sure that in your EFS settings (Tools-->EFS-->Settings) the option for "Make all formulas compute on close" is not checked. This would prevent the price data from updating in real time. The other thing to check is the time stamp on the file to make sure you have the newest version. View the details on the file through windows explorer or your file management program and tell me the date associated with the file in \eSignal\Formulas\Advanced\Day Trading Action\FuturesLiveHigh5.efs.

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello Jason,
      The compute on close box is NOT checked, the date on the
      futureslivehigh5.efs is 4/05/2004. Does this help?

Comment

Those are the new files. Can you post some images or give me anymore specific details that can help me reproduce this issue on my end? What's the symbol, interval and time template you are using?

There can be a slight delay between the high 5 price update and the $indu or $compq chart, but that is normal behavior when accessing symbols external to the chart symbol. Is that the problem you're seeing?

The only other thing I can think of right now is what number you are expecting to see. The numbers for the $INDU, $COMPQ, $VIX and MER is the change from the previous day's close to the current price based on the daily interval. Are you expecting something different?
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason, I believe I have discovered my problem. While trying to
          duplicate the screen you sent, the values changed to the correct
          and current ones. I had been assuming that these would reset
          when esignal is restarted, but I see now that I need to reload
          them separately to reset to the current values.
          Thanks much for your help...

Comment

same problem here, plus . . .

I've seen the same problem noted in this thread. For me, removing and then reloading the study fixed the problem. Nice fix, but it still strikes me as a bug, with a kludge on top.

On alternate days (i.e., today and two days ago), the study doesn't load at all -- no display, and the message "Futures Live, Loading Data" at the top. Forever. Removing and reloading doesn't fix.

Solution? Is the server that hands the data to the study the same as the one that gives data to the AC Quotes window? If not, is this a server issue, or does the study need revision (or both)?

TN
            Last edited by thomasn; 05-07-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Hello TN,

I do see a problem if you use a Daily, Weekly or Monthly interval. I add a fix for that. The formula is intended to be used with intra-day intervals. Setting your chart interval to an intra-day interval should help. Aside from that, the "Loading Data..." problem is a known bug. It isn't associated with a specific formula but formulas in general. If you’re having this problem on intra-day intervals here's some other options to fix this problem. Remove and reapply the formula. Or hold down CTRL and click on the green OK in the cursor window and then right click and reload the formula. You could also try using a different time template. What version of eSignal are you using currently?

The daily change displayed in the formula will be the same as the Quote window as long as you have the Change field set to compute change from previous close. Are the formula versions you are using the most current? You can find a mini installer to update your formulas here if you haven't done so already.

Jason K.
              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason, the info you requested

Thanks for the fast reply, Jason.

To answer your questions/comments:

1. eSignal 7.6 Build 636A.

2. I have the latest studies, per your post. (Datestamp on the files is 4/04.)

3. I use 1 min intervals in the advanced quote window for ES M4.

4. Unloading and reloading the study doesn't solve the problem. When I get the permanent "loading" display with no data, it lasts all day.

Also:

I bring down the program and restart it each day.

Help?

TN
                Last edited by thomasn; 05-07-2004, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hello TN,

This one is difficult to figure out as I'm not able to reproduce the problem and I have the same setup as you. What is the time template you are using? Are any other formulas running on the chart? Are you having the "Loading Data..." problem with any other charts running different formulas?

Are you experiencing this problem with any advanced chart in your layout? If you open a new chart and apply the formula do you still see the problem?

By the way the issue with the Daily, Weekly or Monthly interval only affects the FuturesLive.efs pivot study. The high 5 should work just fine on D, W or M.

Jason K.
                  Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

TN/Jason: I don't know if it's related, but I had the exact "Loading
                    Data...." problem when I started using the High Five, and upgrading to build 635 fixed the problem. I know you are using
                    a newer build than that, TN, but it might be part of the problem. I'm currently using build 635 with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK
                      ... What is the time template you are using? Are any other formulas running on the chart? Are you having the "Loading Data..." problem with any other charts running different formulas?
                      No time template that I know of. Other formulas — TRIN, TICK, Volume. The first two are 21st Cent. add-ons from someone on this board. The third is from you Basic set.

No other Loading Data problem, though often when I load studies, the tab (for stacked studies) shows the "loading text' even when the data is displayed and properly updated.

Are you experiencing this problem with any advanced chart in your layout? If you open a new chart and apply the formula do you still see the problem?
                      I did the following as a debug procedure:
                      • Removed all studies and then added just the High5 study. Same problem.
                      • Opened a new adv. chart, loaded ES M4 from scratch, changed to 1 min interval, and then added the High 5 study. Same problem

By the way the issue with the Daily, Weekly or Monthly interval only affects the FuturesLive.efs pivot study. The high 5 should work just fine on D, W or M.
                      Understood. Thanks for the help.

TN
                      Last edited by thomasn; 05-07-2004, 01:24 PM.

Comment

mriley,

thanks for the info. i'll try the upgrade. where do i get it? (sorry for asking — i'm new to esignal.)

also, sorry for the fonts in the last post — not sure why that happened.

TN

Comment

mriley/Jason,

Just checked the build numbers. Mine is the latest.

Checked the download page. I'm not sure how to DL a lower numbered build.

(I hope the "A" in 636A doesn't stand for "alpha"....)

TN

Comment

Hello TN,

I'm also using 636A, so I don't think the build is the problem. Wouldn't hurt to do a reinstall. See if that changes anything.

To see what time template you are using, right click on the chart, select Time Templates and you'll see which one is checked. Doesn't sound like you're using a custom time template, which was what I was after.

Can you post some chart images (FAQ on posting charts)? Maybe there will be some other clues there.
                            Jason K.
                            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

I reopened eSignal and the study came up. Odd. No other diffs, except (1) close/open, (2) after trading hours.

Here's a screenshot. I deleted it from the prev post, since it was dimensionally large.

Thanks for the assists.

Is it true that a different server sends data to the H5 study, from the one that send data to the AC Quotes window?

TN
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X