No announcement yet.

Daily range 1/4's extentions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this case i need yesterday high and low into that gann stuff ... i copy that script from another place... maybe that is the issue.,.. i will need it to do exctly the same as the UP and DOW even into the lines into the chart.

About the cursor windows, if it is possible to lable the lines in the chart, in the right side of the lines, 0.125% , 0.25%... and so on... and turn off the lables in the cursor windon, it will be more readable. I saw some scripts that use that kind of labeling, one of Volume Profile labels the levels that way.

The last issue, that i don't know if it is possible is to select only one of the levels at a time. That is, showing Up extentions, or down or gann ret... . By buttoms or by parameters ...

best regards

Comment

hummm.... i was thinking.

There is any way to "call" efs using buttoms.
      If so, it is possible to have 3 diferent EFS, like UP, DOWN, GANN and then have a 4th efs that just have the buttoms to call/close/replace each of the others efs.

you need to turn them off just to not add them all, if UP is open and you click DOWN, it should close UP and open DOWN.

Just a thought

Best Regards

Comment

New Ideia

Hi JasonK, i changed a little the script and i need help again!!! so sorry being so rookie but i can't put it working.

What i did was remove cursor window labels and add them to the chart, in the right side of each line. Tha worked perfect... but now i have a questions.

Can you help me put the parameters in the buttom in a way that i can choose from up, down, gann. I can't put that working.... i don't need the 200% filter anymore.... because if i can select what i'm viewing it is already good.

Then the ideia is.... in the paremeter window i be able to chose History, Up, Dow, gannn. In that way, i will be able to view them all, or only some of them.

Next issue is that .toFixed(2)... there is any way to put that 2 in the parameters also. I see stocks and FX, and in fx i will need 4 decimals, if i can select it in the parameter windows will be nice. If not i must duplicare the efs with .toFixed(4)...

i up loaded the last version of the script, the parameter code is there but is not runing
        Attached Files

Comment

Below a picture from the script.....

In sumary, i just need to be able to

Turn history on/off

Turn on/off Up extentions on parameter window, using buttom to call it

Turn on/off Down extentions on parameter window, using buttom to call it

Turn on/off Gann Ret on parameter window, using buttom to call it

And being able to keep all 3 onor off, or only gann and up, or gann and down....

If possible, being able to change the .tofixed(2) in the parameter window also from 2 to 4

All help will be apretiated

Best Regards
          Attached Files
          Last edited by garaujo; 06-25-2004, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Hello Gil,

Here it is. You now have the option to turn on/off history and turn on/off any combination of Up100, Up200, Dn100, Dn200 and Gann. Labels are added to the right of each line. Two new parameters added for controlling the number of decimals and the option to turn on/off the cursor labels.

garaujo_RangeExpansions.efs
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi JasonK

It is Perfect!!!!!

Many Many tx for all time you put on this... i was not able to do so.

Best Regards

Gil Araújo

Comment

Right space

HEllo JasonK, just a aparence question here. I saw that you use DrawLabel and not the other one... i understand why, it responds to the Hide/show function.

There is any way to change colors and text aspects?

And there is any way to add some space in the right margin, to avoid having the last bar touching the labels?

Best Regards
                Gil
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gil,

What you need to do for the colors is add a parameter to the defined function, drawLabel() at the bottom of the formula as follows. To move the labels further to the right of the price bars, increase the first parameter of the drawTextAbsolute() function.

PHP Code:
                  function drawLabel(bDrawyValuesTextLabelcColorsTagName) {
                      if (
                  bDraw == "true" || bDraw == true) {

drawTextAbsolute(2yValuesTextLabelColor.whitecColor,

Text.VCENTER|Text.BOLD|Text.LEFTnull10sTagName);
                      } else {

removeText(sTagName);
                      }
                      return;

Then in main(), add the specified color to the parameters in the drawLabel() calls as the second to last parameter. For example, change this ...

PHP Code:
                  drawLabel(bDisplayUp100PrevH"PrevH""PrevH"); 
                  to this ...

PHP Code:
                  drawLabel(bDisplayUp100PrevH"PrevH"Color.red"PrevH"); 
                  For the text of the label, all you need to do is change the 3rd parameter to whatever you need. In the above example, the string "PrevH" is the text for that label. The last parameter doesn't need to be changed, that's just a tag name for the label.
                  Jason K.
                  Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

OK... last version of the script with some very small changes in a visual aspect and some levels added.

JasonK, let me thank you again very much for the help developing this scrips.

Best Regards

Gil Araújo

P.S. Go Portugal Go GO GO
                    Attached Files

Comment

Time Zone

Hi again JasonK

After using the script you built for me in Forex and European markets without any problem, i found one when using it in the US markets.

Some how, the script stops recognizing the yesterday bar as the reference bar and starts making calculations in today bar. Sinse i', um GMT time zone, i belive it is a problem regarding that issue.

Now, when i open a IBM or MSFT chart and run the script it plots me the yesterday High in today high and the yesterday Low in todays low, making all range calculations starting in that points.

I tried to find the problem in the script but had no luck. Can you please help me out.

Best Regards
                      Gil
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gil,

I'm not sure what the problem is here. Please provide some more details.

1. What time (your local time) do you start running the formula? 2. What time does the error start occurring and is it the same time every day?
                        3. What time template and chart intervals are you using?
                        4. Post some before and after chart images so I can see what's happening.
                        5. Does manually reloading the formula correct the problem?
                        Jason K.
                        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                        X