HeikenAshi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeikenAshi

I have downloaded the JasonK EFS for HeikenAshi. It works fine on futures such as ES & YM (#F), but not on Currency Futures such as 6E #F or 6B #F. The file name I have is HeikenAshi3. Is there a "fix" or a different file that allows this formula to chart Currency futures properly?
    tcberwick

Hello tcberwick,

Please see this thread. The _FX.efs version in that thread should work for currencies.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello JasonK

You have made lots of Studies worked hard for the forum
      you put lots of your time & efforts which i highly appreciat.

Is there any HeikenAshi Study work for stock , Commodities and futures. As a Paintbar on charts I have seen HeikenAshi_FX as a seprate study but not HeikenAshi.
      Is there any way to make HeikenAshi as a Paintbar study.

Best Regards

Comment

Jason:

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Tom
        tcberwick

Comment

HA Candle Tails

JasonK:

Is there any way to do a simple modification of either the HeikenAshi3 EFS to do FX? Or a modification of the FX version to show the tails as the HA3 EFS does? These provide some important directional cues and I notice they do not appear in the FX version.

Tom
          tcberwick

Comment

Buddy
            See the efs attached to this post
            Alex

Comment

HeikenAshi Tails

Alexis:

Unfortunately, that's not what I'm looking for. The original study that works with stocks and index futures (ES, YM, etc) creates tails as it draws the HA study in a separate window. Typically, after an up/down move, tails start forming on the bottom or top of the candles indicating weakness or loss of momentum. The FX version of the study does not draw the tails, appararently due to the multiplier used.

If I just modify the value of the nFactor at line 80 in the FX version, will this get me closer? If not, what is needed to develop the tails in the FX version of the study. I do not want paint bars overlaying my actual chart, I want the HA chart in a separate window.

Thanks for your assistance,

Tom Berwick
              tcberwick

Comment

Tails

Alexis:

I figured it out. I use charts with black backgrounds and the candle tails are coded to be black, so I just need to change that value to grey for them to display properly.

Regards,

Tom Berwick
                tcberwick

Comment

Tom
                  FYI my post was in reply to Buddy who had asked a question earlier in this same thread
                  Alex

Comment

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for link but this efs just Paintbar does not change Bar as HeikenAshi I mean bars stays as normal bar can not tel where is OHLC of HeikenAshi. others software when we change normal Candlestick to HeikenAshi we can see difference of OHLC hope I explained

Best Regards

Comment

Buddy
                      HeikinAshi is not available as a chart type (ie like a bar, candlestick, etc) at this time and can be plotted only as an indicator using the script(s) developed by Jason.
                      If you would like to submit a suggestion to add the HeikinAshi as a chart type send an email to [email protected]
                      Alex

Comment

Hi everyone, I see its been a while since the last post, i see theres still no neikenashi chart type. Do we have any heikenashi efs that one can plot on the main chart. the ones that i find plot on a separate window. Also as you scroll backwards on the chart the heikenashi candles do plot to the beginning of the charts. I would appreciate it very much if anyone has a working efs of this indi.
                        Thanks

Comment

Mhingas
                          Not sure what you mean by "...i see theres still no neikenashi chart type..." as that chart type is available (see inline screenshot below).
                          If you are referring to the last post (prior to yours) in this thread that was from 8 years ago
                          Alex

Originally posted by Mhingas View Post
                          Hi everyone, I see its been a while since the last post, i see theres still no neikenashi chart type. Do we have any heikenashi efs that one can plot on the main chart. the ones that i find plot on a separate window. Also as you scroll backwards on the chart the heikenashi candles do plot to the beginning of the charts. I would appreciate it very much if anyone has a working efs of this indi.
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                            thanks for the reply, i'm new to the software but ive managed to display the heickenashi candles

Comment

Mhingas
                              You are welcome
                              FWIW if you are new to the software you may find it useful to spend some time reviewing the eSignal KnowledgeBase where you can find many articles on how to use it
                              Alex

Originally posted by Mhingas View Post
                              Hi,
                              thanks for the reply, i'm new to the software but ive managed to display the heickenashi candles

Comment

Working...
                              X