Custom SMA from Built in Study Formulas question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom SMA from Built in Study Formulas question

I've had a look around the forums but can't find if there is a formula for Custom SMA which allows a horizontal line plot at PRICE rather than the regular line plot . . . custom SMA EFS below . . . can anyone point me in the right direction or just simply give me the script change if there is one. Thank you for any help.

/************************************************** ***************
    Provided By:
    Interactive Data Corporation (Copyright

Here's the screen shot of EFS I want to amend:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Script Editor_16-11-09_19-41-22.png
Views:	160
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	267422

Comment

tiktok
      It is not clear what you are asking ie whether you want the plot of the moving average to be a horizontal line at each bar (instead of the continuous line plot) or only one horizontal line across the entire chart at the current value of the moving average
      In the first case just go into the properties of the study you applied and select Flat Lines in the Plot Type dropdown.
      In the second case add the following line of code above the return statement (choose your own thickness, color)
      and delete xMA from the return statement
      You can find more information regarding the addLineTool() function in this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
      Also search the forum for the function and you will find other examples.
      Alex

Originally posted by tiktok View Post
      I've had a look around the forums but can't find if there is a formula for Custom SMA which allows a horizontal line plot at PRICE rather than the regular line plot . . . custom SMA EFS below . . . can anyone point me in the right direction or just simply give me the script change if there is one. Thank you for any help.

/************************************************** ***************
      Provided By:
      Interactive Data Corporation (Copyright

Comment

ACM . . . Many thanks for your help . . . it was the latter I was after (one horizontal line across the entire chart ) . . . perfect result thank you once again

Comment

tiktok
          You are welcome
          Alex

Originally posted by tiktok View Post
          ACM . . . Many thanks for your help . . . it was the latter I was after (one horizontal line across the entire chart ) . . . perfect result thank you once again

Comment

Working...
          X