Alert when price near moving average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert when price near moving average

Hi, I am having trouble with this, I see the alertMA.efs but I'm not sure how to configure it the way I want.

I want an alert to pop up whenever a symbol is within a range (percent or cents) of different moving averages.

Example. Current moving average on a 10m chart is $7.30 on BAC, I want an alert whenever the price gets within 4c of the moving average level

I feel like something like this is out there but I havent had any luck looking.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Alert when price near moving average

cramsden
    If you are using version 11.4 you don’t necessarily need an efs to accomplish what you want.
    You could use the built-in Moving Average study and use its alerts [including setting an alert area above and below the average based on ticks]. Alternatively you could use the built-in Envelope study and set the alerts on the upper and lower bands in addition to the central average [this would give you an area above and below the average based on percentage]
    For more information see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on the Alerts on Studies
    Alex

Originally posted by cramsden
    Hi, I am having trouble with this, I see the alertMA.efs but I'm not sure how to configure it the way I want.

I want an alert to pop up whenever a symbol is within a range (percent or cents) of different moving averages.

Example. Current moving average on a 10m chart is $7.30 on BAC, I want an alert whenever the price gets within 4c of the moving average level

I feel like something like this is out there but I havent had any luck looking.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...
    X