Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Volume" overlay/indicator for Forex Charts

Hello All,

Is anybody aware of an overlay or indicator that I can overlay on a tick/range-based chart to show volume/number of bars printing over a set period?

In other words, using today (NFP) as an example. This morning, in the lead up to the news on EURAUD and using a 3 Pip Range Bar we see 357 Bars Form in the period.
    However, in the short time since the news at 13:30, we have seen 469 bars form to 15:00.

Is there a market profile I can load over this that shows higher and lower formation of tick/bars withouth having to measure them. In other words, I can see low-activity areas and high activity areas. Some kind of histogram or something that colours at certain levels?

[EDIT] - In a simpler definition, how many bars are forming every 10 minutes/60 minutes for example? Bars Per Hour/Minute? Maybe expressed as a number?

Comments/Suggestions welcome as always, please see screen grab for actual display of the chart/proposal.

Thanks

HP
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HedgePig; 02-07-2014, 07:40 AM.

HP

[EDIT] - In a simpler definition, how many bars are forming every 10 minutes/60 minutes for example? Bars Per Hour/Minute? Maybe expressed as a number?
    The image enclosed below illustrates (with added comments) a relatively simple and easy way to count bars every 10 minutes (note that as is the barCount starts at 0 every 10 mins – if you want it to start at 1 just add +1 to the equation that calculates it)
    See the EFS KnowledgeBase for the definitions and syntax of the functions used in the example
    Alex

Originally posted by HedgePig View Post
    Hello All,

Is anybody aware of an overlay or indicator that I can overlay on a tick/range-based chart to show volume/number of bars printing over a set period?

In other words, using today (NFP) as an example. This morning, in the lead up to the news on EURAUD and using a 3 Pip Range Bar we see 357 Bars Form in the period.
    However, in the short time since the news at 13:30, we have seen 469 bars form to 15:00.

Is there a market profile I can load over this that shows higher and lower formation of tick/bars withouth having to measure them. In other words, I can see low-activity areas and high activity areas. Some kind of histogram or something that colours at certain levels?

Comments/Suggestions welcome as always, please see screen grab for actual display of the chart/proposal.

Thanks

HP

Comment

Working...
    X