Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %Difference Price - Average

Hi

I miss an indicator which plots the %difference between the last price and its average. I suppose the code is quite simple, but not for me unfortunately. It's all Greek to me

Can somebody help me please?

Best regards,
    Klaas

Klaas
    Assuming I understood you correctly you can use the Price Oscillator as that reports the difference as a percentage between two moving averages. For your purpose just set the length of the Fast moving average to 1 which by definition will then be the same value of the underlying source price (Close if using the default).
    See the following image as an example

The Price Oscillator (1, 21) is showing a value of 1.9489 ie the difference in percentage between the Close (16440.28) and the 21 period moving average (16119.88). If you do the math
    16440.28-1.9489% = 16119.875 which when rounded to two decimals is 16119.88 which is in fact the value of the 21 period moving average
    Alex

Originally posted by Klaas_Klever View Post
    Hi

I miss an indicator which plots the %difference between the last price and its average. I suppose the code is quite simple, but not for me unfortunately. It's all Greek to me

Can somebody help me please?

Best regards,
    Klaas

Comment

Thank you so much, Alex. This works great

Have a nice weekend!

Comment

Klaas
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Klaas_Klever View Post
        Thank you so much, Alex. This works great