Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Draw Shape on Aroon efs., please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Draw Shape on Aroon efs., please.

Hello,
    I'm trying to draw a circle on the Aroon efs (in the efs library) at each point where the two lines cross. I'm not having any luck. Could someone help, please? Thank you in advance.
    Diane

Diane
    If you are trying to draw the circle on the exact point where the AroonUp and AroonDn plots intersect then it cannot be done since that point of intersection is in between the bars (see following image for an explanation)

In the image U0, D0 and U1, D1 represent respectively the data points of the Aroon plots at the bar at which the AroonUp crossed over the AroonDn and at the prior bar. The red circle which highlights the exact point of intersection of the plots is - as you can clearly see - in between the bars where you cannot draw. Even assuming you could you would have to extrapolate the coordinates of that point yourself as the efs does not calculate/provide them
    What you can do is to draw a circle on either of the Aroon plots at the data point at which it has crossed the other.
    See the image enclosed below for a basic example of how you would accomplish that and the result on the chart
    Alex

Originally posted by Diane P View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying to draw a circle on the Aroon efs (in the efs library) at each point where the two lines cross. I'm not having any luck. Could someone help, please? Thank you in advance.
    Diane

Comment

Wow! Thank you, Alex, for your in-depth explanation. That was amazing. It helped me look at Aroon from a whole different perspective. And your solution was exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you, again, for taking the time to explain it to me. Your help is always so much appreciated!

Comment

Diane
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Diane P View Post
        Wow! Thank you, Alex, for your in-depth explanation. That was amazing. It helped me look at Aroon from a whole different perspective. And your solution was exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you, again, for taking the time to explain it to me. Your help is always so much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X