Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Know This Sounds Absurdly Intensive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Know This Sounds Absurdly Intensive...

The code below simply stalls out (with the statement 'loading data...') almost every time I load it. Several times I've gotten all lines showing (after about 4 minutes). And I've tried using a 6 month time template pre loaded in an advanced chart before loading the formula.

Ultimately I wouldn't be displaying the lines...but looking for the value of the series for 0 (latest) with every new bar (for whatever interval the chart is showing). I would be comparing the value from the series (MA) against it's 'switch'...or MA of the same length but with a different offset. The combination of ma's determine (for me) trend on the micro, med and macro.

Ideally I would have wanted to be able to put such an indicator (giving me the current trend on the micro, medium and macro levels of several different timeframes) on several screens.

***I KNOW THIS SOUNDS ABSURDLY INTENSIVE...but you don't know unless you try it and so I was wondering if there were anyway I could edit the structure or syntax of the code to make it's execution possible...ideally simple.

So I've tried it and it does indeed freeze up my system but was wondering if anyone had any ideas that would make it efficient enough to use on a RT basis for day trading.

Any help is much appreciated,

g
    Attached Files

Loaded within 2 seconds on my chart. Doesn't tell me anything though. Perhaps 6 months data might make it work a little too hard? Try a shorter time template.
    Attached Files

Comment

Funny - I shut down and started back up...started eSignal back up...and loaded the script for the first time and it took a couple of minutes on a 5 min chart...it didn't freeze up but did (still) take a couple of minutes.

So I guess my question might be better put by saying will the data once loaded be cached such that it might take a couple of minutes to load...but once loaded shouldn't have a deprecating affect on performance?

I plan to put this same indicator (if I can) on four separate intervals...charts for day trading.

g

Comment

Concern with highly intensive use of inv() function

Let's say I have an indicator that will make use of inv() (different interval calls) function...i.e. a number of different intervals being called from say a 2 min chart for a number of different moving averages from each interval...it will be highly intensive.

Let's say I ensure that I have a time template (say 5-10 days) associated with all my charts to ensure that data will be appropriately available.

Let's say once completed (the indicator) will take several minutes to load... further let's say it's general design was modeled from the custom 'EFS 2 Custom' folder 'customMA.efs' script...to ensure best use of modern EFS 2 scripting technique and syntax...CAN I ASSUME THAT ONCE LOADED (say I'm looking at a 2min chart accessing several higher intervals...with each higher interval being mined for several moving averages)...THE DATA IS CACHED SUCH THAT ANY (FURTHER) FUTURE PROCESSING...RT PROCESSING...WILL BE ONLY MARGINALLY DEPRECATING TO SYSTEM PERFORMANCE? OR IS inv() ACQUIRING THE DATA AGAIN AND AGAIN AS IT PROCEEDS.

Thanks,

g

Comment

Working...
        X