Formula output window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula output window

I have written an EFS which uses debugPrintLn to output results to the Formula Output Window.

I was hoping to cut and paste the results into a spreadsheet for further analysis but I can't seem to copy data from the output window.

Am I missing something? Is there a trick? Do I need to use a function other than debugPrintLn?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Formula output window

BerkoBob
    The Formula Output Window only displays the contents of the formulaoutput.log file which is located in the eSignal folder
    You can also read/write to files using the File Object (see the link to the related article in the EFS KnowledgeBase for the syntax of this object and its methods)
    Alex

Originally posted by BerkoBob
    I have written an EFS which uses debugPrintLn to output results to the Formula Output Window.

I was hoping to cut and paste the results into a spreadsheet for further analysis but I can't seem to copy data from the output window.

Am I missing something? Is there a trick? Do I need to use a function other than debugPrintLn?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks as ever Alex.

I have a follow up question if I may.

Let's say I want to calculate my own price which equals high + high + open / 3 just as an example.

How do I program a data series so that my price(0) is the current bar, price (-1) is the previous bar etc? Obviously I want the price history to build over time.

Thanks, again, in advance.

Comment

BerkoBob
        Create a separate function [or efs] in which you calculate your expression and then call that function or efs using the efsInternal() or efsExternal() functions which will create a series of the results of your expression. See the EFS KnowledgeBase for the description, syntax and examples on the use of these functions. Also search the forums where you will find further detailed examples
        Alex

Thanks as ever Alex.

I have a follow up question if I may.

Let's say I want to calculate my own price which equals high + high + open / 3 just as an example.

How do I program a data series so that my price(0) is the current bar, price (-1) is the previous bar etc? Obviously I want the price history to build over time.

Thanks, again, in advance.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

BerkoBob
            My pleasure
            Alex

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X