Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script won't stay current with current ticks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script won't stay current with current ticks...

Hello,

The attatched script won't stay current with the current tick action. In other words if I load the script on a two minute chart and RELOAD 10 minutes later...the scripts chart indicators (trend direction green, red or yellow) appear newly (and currently) accurate (painted?). It's not keeping up with tick movement.

I have purposely not used 'setComputeOnClose();' for the reason that I have the same logic used in another study that makes extensive use the 'inv()' function which is not compatible with 'setComputeOnClose();'...according to EFS Library documentation

Any idea how I can correct the code without using 'setComputeOnClose();' such that the script is being updated with every tick?

Any help is much appreciated,

g
    Attached Files

check the values of your "switch" variables. Use a debugPrintln to output the values in realtime and make sure those values are what you expect.

When you are using offsets, you have to make sure you are referencing the values accurately in your code.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

That appears to have been the problem Doji...sometimes it really does take a second pair of eyes.

Thanks for saving me hours (if not days) of head scratching,

g

Comment

Working...
      X