getBarColor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getBarColor

I want, but cannot find, a utility function that is equivalent to getBarColor(-1) which should be self explanitory, but if not, would allow me to find out if GET XTL has changed the previous bar from black to red or black to green.

I have found a utility function to "set" the color of a bar but not one to "get" the color of the bar. I KNOW that this info is stored some where so it should be a simple matter to provide us the ability to retreive it.

Thanks,

FastLayne

Re: getBarColor

FastLayne
    To my knowledge there isn't a function that will do that at this time so you would need to write your own routine.
    That said if you want to determine the color of the XTL at the previous bar then you can do that using the GetXTLStudy() and retrieving the values returned by the study at the prior bars eg myXTLStudy.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-1) for the prior bar, myXTLStudy.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-2) for two bars back, etc. For information on the values returned by the GetXTLStudy() function see the linked article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by fastlayne
    I want, but cannot find, a utility function that is equivalent to getBarColor(-1) which should be self explanitory, but if not, would allow me to find out if GET XTL has changed the previous bar from black to red or black to green.

I have found a utility function to "set" the color of a bar but not one to "get" the color of the bar. I KNOW that this info is stored some where so it should be a simple matter to provide us the ability to retreive it.

Thanks,

FastLayne

Comment

That is just what I wanted!

Thanks, oh so much, Alex!

That is just what I wanted.

I didn't need a function, as much as some method to get it and you illustrated exactly how to do it.

Fantastic!

I wasn't aware of the "GetXTLStudy()" function.

FastLayne

Comment

Re: That is just what I wanted!

FastLayne
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by fastlayne
        Thanks, oh so much, Alex!

That is just what I wanted.

I didn't need a function, as much as some method to get it and you illustrated exactly how to do it.

Fantastic!

I wasn't aware of the "GetXTLStudy()" function.

FastLayne

Comment

Working...
        X