Unable to load EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to load EFS

I am a new user of eSignal/AGET. Version 11.4 (2666). Platform Windows XP on Mac through virtualization (parallels).

I am unable to load any custom formulas / EFSs. I have tried many options in terms of setting up folders but I always get the error about security violation. I use India data through viratech and their custom formulas load perfectly alright (from the same folder no less).

Here's what I do -

Insert study ==> Add-On Studies ==> Navigate to the right folder ==> Select a study

Viratech studies -- load perfectly fine
    My formula (downloaded from share.esignal) -- Error below

Y:/Interactive Data/Formulas/VIRATECH/VIRATECH/Ichimoku.efs, line 139: Error: Function 'efsInternal': Failed to get access to 'Y:\Interactive Data\Formulas\VIRATECH\VIRATECH\Ichimoku.efs' file: insecure path. Please use files from Formulas directory '\\psf\Home\Documents\Interactive Data\Formulas\' instead.

I copied the source from the EFS and pasted to create a new script. Tried to save it ... same issue.

I am not sure if this is a virtualization issue or an XP issue or just an installation issue (esignal or otherwise). Any pointers will be helpful.

One problem I see above is that one path contains forward slash (/) and the other path contains back slash (\). Could that be causing problems? If yes, which settings would you fix for this?

Comment

I have now reinstalled my windows. Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional. Using Virtual Machine VMWARE. No other programs besides eSignal (and virus check) exist on this installation of windows.

Still the same issue...

I am able to load so many other EFS's from the eSignal / viratech folders, just not the new ones.

Can someone please respond?

Comment

Actually, No !!

Some of the studies load, some do not.

Volatility.EFS fails. Trendlines.EFS works. These 2 are in the same folder.

EldersSafeZone.EFS fails. DEMA.EFS works. These 2 are in the same folder.

The error continues to be the same ... insecure path.

Comment

And the problem is always in the function "efsInternal" ... whenever it is called, it fails with an insecure path ... true of all indicators that failed.

So the problem is localized to this function and not to the installation, that is good to know. However, this implies there are still a bunch of EFSs which will not work.

What is the workaround to the function efsInternal? This function probably needs to be fixed to take care of the forward slash / back slash issue.

Is my reading right? Any workarounds to this?

Comment

Actually, digging further.

I tried automob.efs. It also failed, but for a different reason. On digging through the knowledge bank, I found that the GetPivotsStudy is not supported in version 11. There are many other errors like that.

When do we expect an eSignal release which will support entire version 10 EFS?

Comment

Just keeping a log of this issue.

As I mentioned earlier, I am running Windows in a "Parallels" virtual machine under Mac OS.

I re-installed Windows, upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional as part of that process. There were still issues.

I then "isolated" my Windows from the Mac (or vice versa as it states in the Parallels preferences). Cleaned out all folders and files with the name eSignal. Cleaned out registry. Basically tried to bring the machine back to a new installation ... could not re-install windows as Microsoft already helped me once reactivate window and can't do it to them every other day.

Once I had an almost "virgin" windows environment with absolutely no references or visibility into Mac and absolutely no old files anywhere on the computer, I reinstalled eSignal + India GET setup. Worked much much better !! I am able to load ichimoku.efs which was failing earlier with EFSINTERNAL errors.

Have not tried other EFSs, will try over the next few days and update / request closure of this thread / ticket.

Comment

Working...
              X