Bar Index Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Index Changes

If I use setComputeOnClose(), the actual bar indexes seem to get offset back by one.

Normally, I expect the current bar to always be the (0) bar and the previous one to be (-1), etc. That doesn't seem to be the case when using setComputeOnClose() and the bar indexes seem to get offset back by one.

If I ask for debugPrintln(close(-1)+" "+close(0)) whenever we have a BARSTATE_NEWBAR, the (0) values print for the currently forming bar. If I add setComputeOnClose() in premain, the (0) values print for the prior bar and ignore the currently forming bar.

I didn't expect this. Is this correct? Thanks.

Re: Bar Index Changes

Hi Rla1js,

The behavior you describe is expected. Check this link.

Steve

Originally posted by Rla1js
    If I use setComputeOnClose(), the actual bar indexes seem to get offset back by one.

Normally, I expect the current bar to always be the (0) bar and the previous one to be (-1), etc. That doesn't seem to be the case when using setComputeOnClose() and the bar indexes seem to get offset back by one.

If I ask for debugPrintln(close(-1)+" "+close(0)) whenever we have a BARSTATE_NEWBAR, the (0) values print for the currently forming bar. If I add setComputeOnClose() in premain, the (0) values print for the prior bar and ignore the currently forming bar.

I didn't expect this. Is this correct? Thanks.
    link

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I missed that post with my searches.

Comment

Working...
      X