Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Histogram but also put text into price pane

Hi there,

I currently have a histogram below the price chart, but I would also like to paint some text directly onto the price chart using the logic I've developed for the histogram construction. Does anyone know of a way I can do that without having to duplicate the same script and change the setPriceStudy value to true and load both scripts onto the chart? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

You're right. The script is either going to update the price chart or a study panel. If you don't want to duplicate the same script for the price chart, you could create a generic one for it where it receives update messages from the study panel via the Set/GetGlobalValue(...) pair of functions. This may be overkill though if your panel's study isn't that complex to begin with.

Ever since EFS2 came out years ago, scripting innovation has been sorely lacking.

Comment

Thanks for the hint Steve. It sounds like it would be simpler to just load 2 slightly different scripts. If I have 2 slightly different scripts, can I call the other one from inside the script so by loading one it will automatically load the other script?

Even if scripting innovation has been lacking, EFS still seems to be a wonderful tool. The flexibility of being able to use javascript to change your chart or add a whole new indicator seems fantastic to me.

Comment

Working...
      X