No announcement yet.

Historical intraday data over 60 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical intraday data over 60 days?

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea, when will the long-promised, long-awaited, beyond-60-day intraday data be available? I am still getting only 60 days regardless of time template settings.

60 days is really-really not enough to decently test any strategy which makes infrequent trades (one a day or less)! All the wonderful capabilities of EFS are pretty much useless for me (and somehow I don't think I am alone here) until I get some more data!

Please, please, more data soon!!! I am begging you (the eSignal team)!!!

Thanks!

PS. I am mainly interested in mini index futures data.

Hi SmoothOperator,

Extended intraday history will be introduced with 7.5, set for a September/October release. At that point, we'll have roughly 6 months worth of interval data for most issues, growing towards 2 years as time passes.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks! I'll be anxiously waiting for 7.5.

A related note - Why not enable eSignal software to accumulate data on client side like some other software do? Would not cost anything to eSignal. If anything, will help to reduce downloads (since data has to be downloaded only once) and, in case of another database corruption, like what happened earlier this year, clients won't suffer (those that have managed to accumulate data, at least). Hard drive space is cheap nowadays -- why not let the clients cache the data?

Comment

While there's been some demand for allowing users to store data locally, there hasn't been as much as you might think I think and there's a bit of coding involved so the software synchronizes the two sources.

Our new eSignal Wizard product does enable users to store data locally and we are working on making the eSignal software tie into that service. When that happens, users will be able to store the data locally, and work either online or offline, although I'm not sure how it will work in conjunction with our current charting.

Hope that info helps.

Thanks.

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
        A related note - Why not enable eSignal software to accumulate data on client side like some other software do?

Comment

Thanks!

It's alwasy good to know about new developments in eSignal. It's quite amazing how fast new features/services are being added. Let's hope they remain affordable as well for beginner traders like me. I sure am not ready yet to pay extra $500/year for historical data.

Comment

ES backtesting data

Will the E minis be added to the extended intraday data list of
            "roughly 6 months worth of interval data for most issues" ?

Comment

Yes, emini intraday data has been saved since Feb and will be extended accordingly along with the release of 7.5.

In terms of what won't have extended history, it'll generally be the symbols from the new International Exchanges we just added in July.

Going down the road, we will be storing the extended data for all symbols so we're really only talking what will be ready with 6+ months when we release 7.5

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X