Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No BARSTATE_CURRENTBAR in Renko chart on version 11

Hi,

I notice that unlike version 10, there is no call to main() for tick level updates (i.e. bar state being BARSTATE_CURRENTBAR) if chart is of type Renko.

Additionally, in ver.10, I can set the default behavior about whether to compute only on bar close. i.e., equivalent to calling computeOnClose() in preMain()
    But I can't seem to find this setting in ver.11. (Not that I think this is the cause of the issue, but at least it is something related)

It is understandable if the behavior is chosen in either way, but why is there different behavior in ver.11 than ver.10?
    Last edited by kalasend; 11-14-2012, 10:47 AM. Reason: additional info

kalasend
    In my opinion this is a bug and I already reported it to eSignal. This also causes all the getMostRecentXxx() functions to not update on every tick
    As to the global compute on close switch that is not implemented in version 11.x
    Alex

Originally posted by kalasend View Post
    Hi,

I notice that unlike version 10, there is no call to main() for tick level updates (i.e. bar state being BARSTATE_CURRENTBAR) if chart is of type Renko.

Additionally, in ver.10, I can set the default behavior about whether to compute only on bar close. i.e., equivalent to calling computeOnClose() in preMain()
    But I can't seem to find this setting in ver.11. (Not that I think this is the cause of the issue, but at least it is something related)

It is understandable if the behavior is chosen in either way, but why is there different behavior in ver.11 than ver.10?

Comment

kalasend
      FWIW I see that eSignal has fixed this in version 11.6SP1
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X