EFS - One Click Button to chage study paramaters and to redraw a study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS - One Click Button to chage study paramaters and to redraw a study

I would like to create a one click button which would allow me to change my efs program parameters instantly
    my efs program uses multiple parameters and loads additional indicators.
    in this example let say that we are using an indicator like MA
    rather then going trough right click/edit charts and entering new parameters
    I created a buttons on my chart '+' and '-'
    I would like to increment a parameter by 10 when I click on '+' button.

I can do that but then I see the following problems:

- frankly it is extremely annoying that you have to press SHIFT and click rather then just left click; I think that this is major inconvenience in v12; it worked well in v10 and I think it was a bad move to add shift;How to create a button which will respond to click instead of shift-click
    - buttons do not respond to click until you receive a tick of data - this is super annoying and confusing; I click and nothing happens, so I click aging and that all my 2 or 3 clicks are now executed; this is extremely difficult to figure out what happens;How to create a button which will respond instantly to click or shift-click
    - when my function is finally processing a shift-click I can change my internal efs-variables; but I would like to reflect this change in efs parameter menu - how to do that?
    - I would like to reload some indicators when they parameters change - so I amend parameters and call resetEFS() but that does not redraw the indicator. when I add debug messages I observe that bar-all are processed by the indicator, but the indicator is not receiving new bar events fro all historical bars on the chart and does not recalculate; how to force the indicator to actually repaint with new parameters
    Last edited by AdamS01; 02-15-2016, 03:43 PM.

Adam,

Try AutoIt...build a script that incorporates "SHIFT" while your eSignal 12 Windows are active.

I too am having issues to re-calculate my inputs.

Comment

Working...
    X