Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Features of GET 9.0 (Custom Toolbars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Features of GET 9.0 (Custom Toolbars)

Those of you that have been using GET for a number of years know that one of the great features of GET was the fact that all of the studies and indicators are located on toolbars which can be moved around the screen. The toolbars could also be customized, however the customization was limited to removing a complete toolbar or removing certain buttons from each toolbar.

With 9.0 we have added the ability to create your own toolbars, which can include any buttons whether they are studies, indicators, or drawing tools. This can clean up your screen and allow you to merge your favorite tools on to one toolbar.

Here are a few screenshots demonstrating this ability.

And a much cleaner screen...
    Ron Wheeler
    eSignal Learning

New Feature (Floating Windows)

Another great new feature in Advanced GET 9.0 is something borrowed from eSignal called Floating Windows. It is especially useful to those of you using multiple monitors on your trading computer.

In most windows-based programs, i.e. WORD, EXCELL, PAINT, etc, one can open up multiple files inside one window. For example: Open up MS WORD, and then open up as many documents as you would like, and they all appear inside the one WORD window. You are not able to move them outside of the WORD boarder...they must remain within the confines of the WORD program. It works the same with most charting programs. One can open up as many charts as they like, but they must remain within the boarder of the program.

That all changes with Floating Windows. Now, each individual window can be moved outside of the Advanced GET program. There are no boundries any longer. The program itself can show on one monitor, and 3 other windows can be moved to 3 other monitors! There can be a Search window on one monitor, a Dashboard on another, and a Chart on the third, with the Advanced GET Program screen on its own screen.

Below:

The first picture shows where to find the "Floating Window" button on each individual window. Press this button to turn any window into a Floating Window. Go to the WINDOW menu in the Advanced GET Screen to find the "REDOCK ALL FLOATING WINDOWS" selection. This will do just that, and retrieve all the Floating Windows, bringing them all back within the "walls" of the Advanced GET Screen.

Picture 2 is a shot of my two monitor setup here in my office. I have a Dashboard set up on the left, with a chart on the right. I can double click on any one of the Dashboard guages, and it will change my chart on the right to whatever I click on.

Nate McCartney

Comment

Working...
    X