Need Help With Advanced Get on Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Advanced Get on Forex

I've currently got Ad-Get EOD version and am wanting to switch away from Options and strictly do Forex only. Can anyone explain the steps needed to have my Ad-Get show the Forex currency pairs ?

Can my Ad-Get EOD be easily converted to real time ?

Are there any special data feed subscriptions (other than my current eSignal) I need to add or subscribe to ?

thanks,
    Joe

Now I know i got a problem...

hey Joe... you think you got a problem. I can't even work out how to get a chart of any sort to appear in the get charts things me jig.

I funded a rather large live account to trade Forex, but I cannot even get the stuffin charts to work.

The instructions are great on telling me what functions do what, but they don't tell me how to get a bloody chart in the first place.

I think I'll just stick with my Intellicharts, even though they are not in Sync with the Forex.com trade station... either that or transfer my funds to FXSol or somewhere.

I have never seen a grown man cry till I looked in the mirror tonight.
    ~ fx-aussie ~

Comment

FX Questions

Hi Joe-who,

You may need to update your account to begin receiving Forex.
      Send me a PM with your username, and I'll have someone review your account and contact you today to answer your questions and provide necessary instructions.

fx-aussie,

Send me a PM with your Adv GET username and a good time to be contacted, and we'll make sure your situation is addressed today.

Thanks,

Brent
      Advanced GET Product Management

Comment

FOREX ELUDES ME

Well I have advanced get with real time and I can't seem to get FOREX charts either ..... seems to be a short coming in the documentation in regards to non-equity types of charting

Comment

rhayley
          Do you have a subscription to Forex? If not you can add it though Account Maintenance.
          If instead you do what symbol(s) are you using?
          Alex

Comment

Loading Forex symbols in GET

In order to load Forex pairs into GET you need to first have access to the Forex data as part of your data subscription. This can be data purchased from eSignal or one of the other data formates supported by Advanced GET.

Second, you need to enter the symbol in the format of the vendor you are using for your data feed.

eSignal used the following format.

[root symbol][space][A0-FX] The "0" is the number zero not the letter O.

example the Euro/USD is EUR A0-FX

All of the esignal Forex symbols are cross rated against the US dollar. If you would like to do cross rates for two foren pairs, combine the two root symbols to form a 6 letter root followed by the space-FX

Example, the Yen/Euro cross rate would be shown as JPYEUR A0-FX

If you are using a third party data vendor, you will need to check their documentation on what the correct symbols format will be and then use that format in GET

I hope this help. If you are still having problem entering the data, please call their Tech support line at 1-510-264-1700 and select #3 for Advanced GET Support
            Gary Welte
            Advanced GET User

Comment

Working...
            X