Microsoft Vista Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Vista Testing

Has anyone tested Advanced GET EOD on the 32 or 64 bit version of the Microsoft Vista program.

In particular the device communication to the dongle, does the 64 bit dongle software function??

AGET & 64 Bit

Hi Ainsley,

We successfully implemented a solution for 64 bit hardware and XP software in AGET 9.1 EOD, The Dashboard Edition, and will be scheduling Vista testing for later this year.

Brent
    Advanced GET Product Management

Comment

Hi I have GET End-of-Day working ok on Windows Vista Beta 2 RC1 32-bit. I have had no problems using it so far.

Make sure to install the security key software first and then make sure the USB / Parallel port key is recognised by Vista before installing Get.

I plan to test Vista 64-bit in a few days I will keep you informed of the result.

Good luck, Alex.

Comment

excellent, it would seem that the 64 bit dongle drive that Brent and the eSignal team updated works as planned.

I will build a 32 and 64 bit machine and do some testing, Im hoping that the search's on the 64 bit machine with the SATA drive speed up, now that would be worth an upgrade.

Thanks to Alex / Brent

Comment

I have built two machines, one 32 bit and the second 64.

The 64 bit machine works very well it is fast and stable however the parallel dongle is not recognised, I will try the USB dongle shortly, Im confidant that this will work as updated drivers exist for it and the operating system see's the USB ports.

The 32 bit machine on the other hand is not that stable at all, it looses the video occosianally, it cant find the network card and it cant find the channels (where the cards slot into onto the motherboard) and so forth.

Mind you Alex got the 32 bit version working with the dongle, his machine must be a different config than mine.

When I get the USB dongle, I will see how it goes.

Conclusion, if the dongle works with the 64 bit machine, it would be the way to go as its fast and stable.

Comment

Advanced get windows 64 and the dongle

Hi Ainsley,

Did you have any luck testing on the 64 bit version of windows and a USB dongle. I have having trouble installing the dongle driver from the safe-net website. Windows complains it is not digitally signed.

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards

Comment

Vista

Hi Onshobishobi,

I have the GET EOD version working on the 32 bit version of Vista and the GET Realtime dashboard working on the 64 bit version of Vista.

The seceond release candidate of vista fixed the issues i was having.

be sure to use the software from the below site first

http://www.advancedget.com/download/more_versions.asp

remember to run the dongle software without the dongle plugged in, once installed, reboot and then install GET.

Good luck

PS - I will load the GET EOD version on the 64 machine and let you know how / if it goes

Regards

Ainsley

Comment

Working...
              X