GET EOD Error on Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET EOD Error on Start

Is anyone else getting an error when starting Advanced Get EOD V7.8.

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error, Program: C:\Program Files\GET\GET.exe, R6034, An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.'

A clean install does not fix the problem.

Thanks
    Robin

Hi,

Did the error msg suddenly appear this weekend? When was the last time you successfully logged on? Anything change recently on your PC?

Thanks.

Comment

No - I have had it for a few months...then have spent far too long trying uninstalls, installs, Googling Error R6034 and seeking fixes.
      100% of the GET runs I receive the error.
      50% of the time I can OK the error and GET runs OK, so I have been able to live with the problem.
      I have not been able to identify the change (Windows XP update?) that caused the problems
      Robin

Comment

AGET Run time error

Hello RobinB/

Which build of GET EOD 7.8 are you running.?

You can find the build number by clicking on Help/About. You should be on build 421

One trick that may allow your to open GET in offline mode, is to hold down the CTRL key when you start GET.

GaryW
        Gary Welte
        Advanced GET User

Comment

Yup, Build 420.
          Starting offline unfortunately does not fix the problem.
          If it helps, I get the same error when running help (but after OK the error, help runs OK)
          Robin

Comment

Can you try and copy the following executable file over the top of your GET.exe file. Overwrite the file (C:\program files\GET) and try to run the program. Let us know if you continue to get the same error message

GET EXE file

Comment

Thanks
              Sorry - same result.
              By the way, I have same problem whether GET_EOD.7.8.420.exe or SetupAdvancedGETEOD_78.420a_hyperthread.exe.
              Operating system is XP Home Edition SP3 with all current updates.
              Robin

Comment

Hi RobinB

This does not quite sound like the Hyper threading bug associated with build 420. Normaly running in offline mode gets around the Hyperthreading crash. this looks like something else. It could be a corrupt page. Try lauching GET without the default page. You can do this by holding down the "Shift" key while GET opens. You should see a blank layout. The try opening a new chart and then saving it as a page and then save and restart the program in normal mode. If GET opens without the error then your problem may be a corrupt page file. If you still get the error either with the blank page or the new page you just created than it may be related to SP3 or another windows update.

Another question to ask is if you installed any new hardware or software around the time the problem started?

Have you called Tech Support for this problem? Is so, what did they have you do?
                Gary Welte
                Advanced GET User

Comment

Thanks Gary
                  Tried all that to no avail. Also uninstalled again, cleaned up and reinstalled - same.
                  I had a sneaking feeling that the problem may be due to .NET Framework or Visual, but can't find any problems along that line - I am not sure what versions GET uses. I have .NET 1.1, 1.1 Hotfix, 2.0 SP1, 3.0 and 3.0 SP1. In the Visual C I have C++ 2005, C++2008 and J#2.0.
                  Robin

Comment

In case this prompts anyone: here is the description of the error that I receive:
                    C Run-Time Error R6034
                    Error Message
                    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library without using a manifest. This is an unsupported way to load Visual C++ DLLs. You need to modify your application to build with a manifest. For more information, see the "Visual C++ Libraries as Shared Side-by-Side Assemblies" topic in the product documentation.

Applications must use a manifest to load the C runtime library. For more information, see Visual C++ Libraries as Shared Side-by-Side Assemblies and Manifest Generation in Visual Studio.

In release builds, the diagnostic message reads: "An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
                    To correct this error
                    * Rebuild your application to include a manifest. Building an application with Visual Studio automatically puts the manifest into the resulting .exe or .dll file. If you are building at the command line, use the mt.exe tool to add the manifest as a resource. Use resource ID 1 if you build an .exe, and resource ID 2 if you build a .dll. For more information, see How to: Embed a Manifest Inside a C/C++ Application.
                    Robin

Comment

HI Robinb

I want to try and get a better picture of the GET install on your PC, so I hope you don't mind answering the following questions.

When you unistalled GET, did you also delete the GET folder?

After reinstalling GET did you use any pages from the previus installation?

How long had GET been working OK before the error started to appear?

Which version of Windows are you running?

Can you recall if you installed any new programs, hardware or window updates around the time the problem started?

Do you have another PC that you can install GET on to see if you get the same type of errors?

GaryW.
                      Gary Welte
                      Advanced GET User

Comment

Thanks Gary. ESignal contacted me and applaud your questions! Here are the answers:
                        When you uninstalled GET, did you also delete the GET folder? YES, also cleaned registry and all temp files

After reinstalling GET did you use any pages from the previous installation? No, completely clean

How long had GET been working OK before the error started to appear? Many years (back to ‘the good old Al days’)

Which version of Windows are you running? XPSP3

Can you recall if you installed any new programs, hardware or window updates around the time the problem started? No, sorry. I THINK (but cannot be certain) that it was after I trialled v9.1, then reverted back to 7.8v420

Do you have another PC that you can install GET on to see if you get the same type of errors? Yes, and runs fine

You might also try downloading and installing 7.8 B421 from www.esignal.com/advancedget/download Click MORE VERSIONS for the install file. Tried that. Same error when running GET or when pressing F1

It could be that your page is corrupted. On the problem page, try clicking PAGE/SAVE PAGE AS. Give the page a new name and save it. The error occurs at all boots, whichever page was last used. I have tried clearing all pages, to no avail.
                        Robin

Comment

Hi RobinB

After re-reading your post, I am thinking this is a conflict with the Win XP SP3 update. If you do periotic windows updates you would have received this update within the last 3 months or so.

I will see if I can update one of my older trading PC's to Win XP with SP3 and see if I can reproduce the error you are getting.

Gary Welte
                          Advanced GET User

Comment

Thanks GaryW
                            For info, ESignal came up with some ideas and I have sent them the following:
                            * Inherently XPSP3 is OK as I have a laptop with SP3 and regularly use GET on it.
                            * I use CSV data: I can't see that is a problem as the error is still there even if I do a clean install and don't point the programme at any data.
                            * There is no dbcapi.dll on my system. I will try and get one, test and get back to you.
                            * I am loathe to do a repair of Windows....means risking my image reinstatement afterwards being OK. Last resort!
                            * There must be a hint somehow in the fact that running F1 gives the same problem.
                            Robin

Comment

OK, I am stumped. One last try

First, until you can get this system working correctly you should use your laptop as your primary trading platform.

Second, since both the laptop and the pc with the problem are running WinXP SP3 then look to see if the problem PC is running some programs that are not installed on the laptop. You may have a software conflict that is causing the problem.

Third, it may be time to bit the bullet and reinstall the OS. if you do go this route, after the install of the OS and running all Windows updates, installing your anti-virus program. Then next program you should install is GET. This way you can test it on a clean install of WinXP SP3 and then build from there.
                              Gary Welte
                              Advanced GET User

Comment

Working...
                              X