Runtime Error and DAT files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime Error and DAT files

I wonder if any users have an inkling as to how to manipulate Portfolios.dat outside of GET?
    My Advanced GET EOD V7.8(Build420) is running very well, BUT when I try and set up a new Portfolio (File/Portfolios/New.../Display Issues From.../Import New List...
    Then I get the dreaded error: 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly'.
    I have tried a clean install etc to no avail.
    I get the feeling that GET is reaching the end of its natural life - but I love the programme and I hate to ditch something that I have paid big $$ for!
    Has anyone got any ideas how to manipluate the dat file externally so that I can form some import new lists?
    I can start a new list and add each sybmol manually but that will drive me troppo very quickly!
    Thanks
    Robin

I think you can avoid the import problem by having the file you want to import in the ad get default directory.
    Todd P Horton

Comment

Originally posted by toddao
      I think you can avoid the import problem by having the file you want to import in the ad get default directory.
      Thanks
      Tried that - still crashed as soon as I click 'Import New List'
      Robin

Comment

What format is the list you are tying to import.

It's best to user a .txt file with the symbols listed in a single coulume down the left side of the document.

Example: List.txt

BA
        Dell
        F
        IBM
        I know that thanks. The file type is totally irrelevany - GET crashes completely IMMEDIATELY I select 'Import New List'. I have no opportunity to select anything. I can build manually fine.
        Robin

Comment

To get a better picture of your system please provide the following information

OS version
          CPU type and speed
          Amount of RAM

IF you have HyperThreading enabled on the CPU then you need to be running version 7.8 Build 421

If you have a GET/eSignal Wizard CD dated 2005 or newer it should have the Hypertreading vesion of GET 7.8 (build 421) in a folder on the CD.
          I believed the folder was labled "hyperthreading fix" or something like that.
          Copy the GET.exe from the CD and save it into the GET folder.
          Gary Welte
          Advanced GET User

Comment

Originally posted by GaryW
            To get a better picture of your system please provide the following information

OS version
            CPU type and speed
            Amount of RAM

IF you have HyperThreading enabled on the CPU then you need to be running version 7.8 Build 421

If you have a GET/eSignal Wizard CD dated 2005 or newer it should have the Hypertreading vesion of GET 7.8 (build 421) in a folder on the CD.
            I believed the folder was labled "hyperthreading fix" or something like that.
            Copy the GET.exe from the CD and save it into the GET folder.
            Windows XP Home SP3
            AMD 64 3500+ 2.22G
            2GB RAM

I have tried both standard and hyperthread versions, with a registry clean between each clean reinstallation.

Windows Event Viewer lists the error as: Source .NET Runtime Optimization.
            Microsoft Product: .NET Framework; Version: 2.0.50727.3053; Event ID: 1111; Event Source: .NET Runtime Optimization Service; File Name: mscoree.dll
            Robin

Comment

I believe GET 7.8 has problems on AMD64 processors.

Are you running in a 32 or 64 bit enviroment?
              Gary Welte
              Advanced GET User

Comment

Originally posted by GaryW
                I believe GET 7.8 has problems on AMD64 processors.

Are you running in a 32 or 64 bit enviroment?
                32 bit
                I am thinking that this is related to the latest XP updates...
                Robin

Comment

Working...
                X