Losing Stacked Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Stacked Studies

I created a style template using Elliot waves and XTL with studies I stack, volume, RSI, Osc, and Stochastics on multiple time frames. It seems to me that after multiple redraws of MOB and the Ellipse tool on one time frame, I lose all the studies on the other time frames (except for the one currently selected) and have to reload using the style template to get them to reappear. The tabs are still there, but the windows are blank. This was my first day useing AGET to trade the Emini S&P. I'm using 7.9 .

Still losing studies in stacked mode, tile mode doesn't seem to be affected. Seems to be a refresh problem, if studies not accessed often, data disappears.

Comment

Hi Brent,

I've been working with this and haven't been able to replicate it yet. In regards to the charts that are losing the stacked studies, do you have any particular Time Templates applied to them? I built a Style Template with the various indicators that you mentioned, but the data in the other time frames still comes up ok.

Is there a rough estimate regarding the frequency in which these studies are accessed on other time frames? Do you check these charts every ten minutes, thirty minutes? There are a few variables that could be affecting this. I'll keep plugging at it and let you know what I find. If you can think of any common denominator about the way these charts are accessed, it may help nail down what is happening. Thanks.

P.S. I'm also running eSignal 7.9

Comment

Hi Duane,

I use a 1,3,5,15, and daily chart for the ES. I just recently added 133T and 210T for scalping when the ES is range bound. As far as time, I believe after 15 -20 mins is when I have problem. Another thing is I get regular crashes when I close the program. I'm thinking about uninstalling and doing a reinstall.

Thanks, Brent

Comment

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the additional information. The crashing scenario may or may not be related to this issue. Regardless, a clean uninstall and re-install may resolve this. Here is an article from our Knowledge Base that goes through the specifics of un-installing eSignal. Please let me know.

Comment

Did a complte uninstall and reinstall according to the docs. System doesn't crash (yet), but I still occasionally loose stacked data. It doesn't take that long to reload, but it is an aggrevation. My system consists of:

Athlon 64 2800+ with 1 GB, 160 Gb HD, ATI Radeon 9800, 21 CRT&19LCD, Aopen mthbd, DVD rewriter with Windows XP professional with all updates.

Comment

Working...
            X