Advanced GET Trading Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced GET Trading Strategies

I've been tracking a few strong Type 1 Buy candidates over the past couple of weeks. This morning we finally got the breakout we needed in the case of GSIC. Here's the initial trade setup coupled with today's breakout.

Setup Illustrated on December 4th 2006

Trade Progression as of December 15th 2006

Here's another example of the Type 1 Buy developing in the daily chart of SY

Comment

And yet another.......Keep in mind that all of these examples are for educational purposes only.

Comment

Advanced GET Trading Strategies

I've decided to merge the the earlier posts into this thread so we can begin taking a look at all the strategies of Advanced GET, not just the Type 1 Buy.

Comment

While some of the earlier picks have played out well, they haven't yet met our profit targets so we're continuing to adjust stops and manage the trade.

In this example, we'll take a look at another strategy; in this case, the XTL Continuation Trade.

Before: December 5, 2006

After: January 3, 2007

Comment

Here is the final update for JBLU. This trade worked out well and provided approximately a 3-1 RR ratio with good money management practices.

Comment

This is the daily chart pattern of GROW. For this particular setup we'll be utilizing the Stochastic Buy Strategy.

Over the last couple of days, this chart finally found some line in the sand support off of the .618% retracement. There are a couple of different trigger techniques that could be employed here.....

This chart pattern should be utilized for educational purposes only.

Comment

Here's a look at the daily chart pattern of LEA.

This setup was spotted on 12/4 during the show in Las Vegas. It was initially setting up as a XTL Buy / Type I Buy. Since the introduction of the Red XTL Bars, our active strategy became the Type I.

This chart pattern is for educational purposes only

Here's a before and after look of how the price action developed.

Before

After

Comment

Here's an update on our GROW Trade

Comment

FRE

Can you provide an update on your analysis of the FRE trade. It does not seem to have worked out

thanks

Frank

Comment

misterdgolf,

You are correct; the FRE trade didn't reach the MOB in this Type I trade. Because such a large part of trading success is due to proper money management, we came within .28 cents of where we would have either taken some money off the table or adjusted our stop to a breakeven point leaving us with a risk-free scenario. In the Advanced GET Mentoring & Foundation classes, we explore some techniques that help us reach the risk free territory as soon as possible.

As traders, it is not uncommon to get stopped out, the separation between profitability and losing money occurs when clear stops, targets and strategies are not adhered to.

In the FRE setup, we were looking at a little better than a 5-1 reward to risk ratio. Couple that with many of the trades that did succeed and we on the positive side of the book.

If you are interested in learning more about the Advanced GET Strategies, you may want to attend one of the free seminars that are taught online or at various cities throughout the year. Here's a link to the schedule of upcoming events.

Learn Successful Trading

We have free online event today at 11:00 AM PST.

Comment

Type 1 Searches

Thanks for the charts ... very helpful ... can you give me a few tips on searching for T1 sepups using GET EOD thanks J

Comment

Working...
                        X