• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backtest

how to backtest get studies and which get studies can be back tested
    hvp

harsvpat1,

While Advanced GET EOD version does have a Training Mode, the real-time version of Advanced GET does not. In the upcoming version of Advanced GET, the various indicators and data sets will be able to be tested with the Bar Replay feature.

As more information regarding this release becomes available, we will post in the Advanced GET forums. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Will this be a full blown backtester???

At long last..i have begged for this feature for 10 years...Please tell me EOD will have it

Originally posted by DuaneG
      harsvpat1,

While Advanced GET EOD version does have a Training Mode, the real-time version of Advanced GET does not. In the upcoming version of Advanced GET, the various indicators and data sets will be able to be tested with the Bar Replay feature.

As more information regarding this release becomes available, we will post in the Advanced GET forums. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Taowave,

The Training Mode that I was referring to was the Bar Replay feature. This is part of Advanced GET EOD. I don't have any details regarding what will be included in the next release as it relates to backtesting.

Comment

Hi Duane,

It appears I misinterpeted what you said.I though get was going to finally implement a true backtester.The replay feature is cute,but its far from a true simulator.At a bare minimum,one needs the ability to input/record the Entry price,size, Exit price into Get, walk foward and generate a performance report.No offense,but without that bar replay is a toy..FYI,Fibonacci trader has a system backtester and for the price get charges,they should blow Ft out of the water.....

Originally posted by DuaneG
          Taowave,

The Training Mode that I was referring to was the Bar Replay feature. This is part of Advanced GET EOD. I don't have any details regarding what will be included in the next release as it relates to backtesting.

Comment

Duane,
            Does Get have any plans to add a true backtester so one could test tools such as XTL???

Any insight appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X