gann box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gann box

I been playing around with the gann box but don't really see how to use it correctly to give support and resistance. Is there a trader who can give me advice on how to use this indicator properly.

thanks,
    mark

Hi Mark,

Here are a few great places to learn about the Gann box. First is the Advanced GET user manual. The Advanced GET manual has a section on the fixed increment Gann box.

A second place to learn about the Gann box and its application is at eSignal Learning’s Advanced Trading Techniques with Gann & Elliott. There is a class coming up October 14th – 16th. This class is taught by 3 expert traders including Andy Bushak who is eSignal Learning’s expert in Gann Theory.

http://www.esignallearning.com/semin...ay/default.asp

Beyond that there are some great books like “Gann Made Easy” by William E. McLaren.

I would highly recommend the 3 Day event from eSignal. Customers always walk away satisfied.

Russ

Comment

Been a long time since I have been here... Hi everyone.

Here are a few links (click here) with a few sample threads where Gann Boxes are being discussed in a couple of these threads.

One trick- try is start out on a higher time frame, compress your chart both horizontally and vertically so you have a fair amount of white space, then stretch your Gann Box into the future. Try to find angles that contain the major pivot point swings. Those angles will be useful.

There are many other techniques that I have played with over the years. You can try Gann Boxes within boxes, for example. Another example, try using both fixed increment and then try the same Box start point using free form.

Play with some of these ideas after you read the manual as Russ suggested. Wish I could help you more but time does not permit. It is a good tool. Keep experimenting with it and you will find ways to make it more useful in your trading, particularly when combined with Elliott Wave Theory.
      Marc

Comment

Working...
      X