Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MultiOSC Revisited

Alexis and Garth,
    The MultiOSC has been very useful. Great job! I would like to ask for some more options:
    1) In addition to one or all bands - display no bands.
    2) change the color of the bands to correspond to the histogram - or at least the same color family ie dark green for the green-70, navy for the blue-35, maroon for the red-17.
    3) a button to display one osc only.
    4) inhibit the parameter display in the indicator tab.

Hi,

I'll look into adding some of these features this weekend. May post on Monday depending on how much free time I get.

G
    Garth

Comment

Hi,

I'm playing catch-up a bit here. Attached is the latest multi-Osc.
      It includes the ability to have All, One or No Bands (the band button now swithes between all three options) as well as the option to display only a single Osc (the one that was "on top".

I didn't change the band color's as (except in "OneBand mode) they already reflect the color of the appropriate Osc (lime green is the band for the dark green 10-70 for example). I tend to like it set up like this, but you can feel free to change the colors if you like.

I also know of no programic way of removing the paramter list from the tab, but if someone knows how to do this (I don't think it's possible, but if I'm wrong would love to know about it) and tells me how, I will be happy to implement it.

Garth
      Attached Files
      Garth

Comment

Garth,
        Thanks - This OSC is Real Cool. What do you think about this idea: instead of using a black line on One Band - use the same color as in All Bands?

Comment

Hi,

It is posible to do of course, but it isn't trivial because of the way this was coded. Not hard, but not trivial. The question is, how important is it based on the fact that with oneband it will always be the band for the top osc?

If it is important to you let me know and I will code it...

Garth
          Garth

Comment

Not Important enough to warrant extra work. I thought it might look nicer. I've seen several examples where the top OSC is overpowered by one of the other ones. Having the One Band indicator the same color would give a quick clue. But this is easily done by looking at the buttons and/or just paying attention to the chart. The MultiOsc is a great tool the way it is. So just keep this suggestion on the wish list for future enhancements.

Comment

Gath,
              I'm trying to set the default number of bands to None. I tried changing line 158 fp2.setDefault("None"); But to make it work I had to go into edit studies and also set the value field to none. I didn't find a logical place to do this in the code. (as a side note changing values in the edit studies screen doesn't change the display - it seems the buttons override this) Also, now when I start the program I get a formula error. What am I missing? Can't I simply change the default in the EFS?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply. Let me look this over this weekend and I will get back to you.

If my memory is correct, then the edit study should overide the button for the initial state. If it doesn't it is a bug. Let me verify both my memory, and if appropriate my code. If there is a bug I will post an update.

Garth
                Garth

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to set the default number of bands to None. I tried changing line 158 fp2.setDefault("None"); But to make it work I had to go into edit studies and also set the value field to none.
                  I didn't see these results. Changing the default for fp2 to "None" worked for me.

(as a side note changing values in the edit studies screen doesn't change the display - it seems the buttons override this)
                  For setting up the initial default, using Edit Study seems to work fine on my end. Don't forget to save the chart after doing the edit study. Also, after the initial setup, the buttons will override the default, but on a restart it does indeed start up with the default defined by Edit Study.

Also, now when I start the program I get a formula error. What am I missing? Can't I simply change the default in the EFS?
                  I suspect you must have created a syntax error somehow. If looking at the formula output window doesn't help you narrow it down you might try downloading it again and try your change again...

Garth
                  Garth

Comment

"Roll Over"

Idea -

Is it possible to add a "roll over" functionality to this osc?

Example - a NEW "buy above / stop below" alert is generated and displayed, but there are numerous previous alert dots still on the chart...

Idea - if you were to "roll over"a previous dot a "pop up" would appear with the values for that dot when first generated...

Thanks so much... this is wonderful...

RiverX

Comment

Is this multiOSC.efs available for download?

Marcus, Is this multiOSC.efs available for download? Please send url. Thanks, jim
                      Hi Jim,

Here is where it's at... either scroll down and find it or click on this:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...5012#post15012

Regards,
                      Marc

Comment

Multi Osc with divergence

Hi:
                        I have been researching various oscillators and I am wondering how difficult it is to have a a divergence line added to the Multi Osc 4c? The idea is to help pick up the divergence between the oscillator peak in wave 3 as compared to wave 5.

I did search the bulletin board but I did not see how to add this function to a efs.
                        Thanks in advance for any help.

Harndog

Comment

Hi,

trying to understand...

Is all you want is a "trend" line drawn on the OSC between W3 and W5 peaks...and if so which Osc should it be drawn against?

1) 5/17 or 5/35 or 10-70?
                          2) Whichever was highest at W3 peak?
                          3) Whichever is "ontop" on the chart?

Garth
                          Garth

Comment

Osc Peak

Garth:
                            Whichever osc is "ontop" of the chart would be my choice.
                            In the MultiOsc 4c I normally, keep the 5/17 on top. If I could then rotate my oscillator to see if the 5/35 and 10/70 were divergence - great as I would have greater confirmation of the divergence in multiple timeframes.
                            Also, this may help me monitor whose is in control more clearly.

Also, I have seen the Osc peak value highlighed in purple as a way to higlight the Osc peak value.

Harndog

Comment

This is doable...I have two other projects to finish first and a out of town trip to go on, but I should be able to get something out in a month or so.

If anyone else wants to take a swag at it first, feel free.

Garth
                              Garth

Comment

Working...
                              X