Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to "Correct wave counting" at Yahoogroups

Ilkay,

Sometimes Get counts the new trend as impulsive after an impulsive and correction after a correction. Is it acceptable according to Elliot Wave Theory?
    As much as I know;a trend (impulsive) should be followed by a countertrend (correction) and a correction should be followed by an impulsive.Am i right or is there any exception?
    If it's not acceptable,how can i prevent the Get from counting the waves incorrect?
    Thanks.

If by "impulsive" you mean a 5 wave sequence and by "corrective" you mean a 3 wave sequence then no, that is not necessarily the case by virtue of Elliott's fractal nature (and without the need of getting into "exceptions").
    An ABC in fact could be in a 5-3-5 pattern, hence you would have a 5 wave impulsive sequence (the A) in the opposite direction to a prior 5 wave sequence.
    Or the ABC could be in a 3-3-5 pattern in which case after a first set of 3 waves (the A) you would get a second set of 3 waves (the B). At that point you would then get a C in 5 waves which would then be followed by another 5 wave sequence in the opposite direction (ie the continuation of the prior trend).
    If you actually then take the fractal nature further you will see that things can get a lot more complex.

And it is exactly with this in mind that I believe Get shines, because - rather than attempting to give an absolute and theoretical wave count - it attempts to identify and provide "tradable" opportunities within the context of a specific wave structure, ie the one that matters IMHO. That structure is then further enhanced by the rules (type 1 and 2 trades) that Get has specified since the very beginning.

Just an opinion, it goes without saying.

Alex

All of this is IMO of course but...

I think one of the things that took a while for me to understand (and it was very frustrating to me until I did), is that GET really doesn't worry about it's labels all being the same "magnitude". It will label some formations as primary, even though it would be an exaggerated lesser wave.

As Alex says, in some ways this is more practical for traders as it provides a way to trade all significant formations for the intervals in question.

There are other quirks of the GET count that I am not so enamored with, but in the end I think the fact that they are flexible in this one way.
    Garth

Comment

Working...
    X