trouble with efs2 intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with efs2 intervals

This morning I have troubleusing efs2 intervals, using Alex's customBB efs - I can use intervals of say 3, 15 and 30 but not say 9 and 27, this is testing it on YM #F and Z U6-EEI.

Actually the historical data on YM (ie yesterday) an interval of 27 does not work - but for new data (this mornings early trading) it does.

Maybe these intervals have never worked on historical data - I just tried 9 and 27 yesterday during the trading day.

Is there a reason for this?

Will new data for Z U6 work with my "odd" intervals when trading starts (I will find out in a minute)?

Paul Murray

Trading has started - I have logged on and off and still an interval of 9 does not work.

Paul.

Comment

Have tried 9 minute interval on a two period MA and it works after the first 18 minutes of trading today, but no results for yesterdays data.

Paul.

Comment

Paul
        As far as I can see all those intervals appear to be working fine with the customBB.efs.
        In the enclosed snapshot you can see a 9 minute chart with the Bollinger Bands based on 27 minute interval. The same study is also used in the inset 27 min chart
        Make sure you can pull up a chart for the interval you are calling in the efs.
        Alex

Comment

Paul
          Here is the same set up using Z U6-EEI on 9 and 27 minute charts
          Alex

Comment

Thanks for the reply Alex.

Your success got me experimenting.

I think I know the problem. The interval obeys the default in my time template which for any non standard interval was 1 day.

Changing the default for 9 has solved the problem.

Have you seen my query about reloading efs - could do with a little help on that.

Thanks

Paul.

Comment

Working...
            X