Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no data for some intervals for 21stOct for some symbols

This is weird:
    SPY - no 1 min data, but do have 5min (ah, well, changing time template to RTH makes 5min go away, revertin gto 9:30 to 16:15 brings it back)
    $SPX - no 1 or 5 min
    IBM - have both.

What is going on?

Dave,
    To better resolve data issue like this we recommend that you contact Technical Support via LiveRep at the time you're experiencing the issue. The Technician can see the servers you're connected to and test then for data accuracy while you're still connected and report any problems seen.

LiveRep can be accessed from Support-> LiveRep on the main menu of the eSignal application.

Trying to troubleshoot after the fact is much more difficult as in many case your connection logs have been overwritten and we do not know where you've been connected to check.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

I did call LiveRep. As usual it was the "it works for me", "restart Signal" response. Eventually, and apparently only when prompted to try the server I was on, they said they could reproduce the issue, and it turned out to be a faulty server. Which leads me to wonder:
      1) Why don't LiveRep support immediately try the server that the customer is connected to.
      2) Why don't eSignal run background monitoring on the history servers to check they are working, I mean they must do some I'm sure, but failing to spot that whole day's of data for multiple symbols is missing seems like a bit of an oversight to me.

And having replied to the email I was sent saying that server had been taken off line, I was hoping that my mention of no response on the forum to the "tick download Out of Memory" issue and the related slow download comment in the "New User - horrible throughput" threads would elicit some action, but apparently not.

Any chance you could look at that please?

Comment

We are aware of the slow downloads and out of Memory with the Tick Downloader as it was already reported to the eSignal Developers by Alexis C. Montenegro in this post.

I've talked to Project Manager and there is a problem when downloading tick data in eSignal 10.2 which we plan to address in version 10.3.

Comment

Working...
        X