Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug? SPY Trading hours should end at 15 mins past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug? SPY Trading hours should end at 15 mins past?

Actually two questions here

1) I see that on Stockcharts the SPY trades to 16:15, not 16:00. So when I set Auto in the time template I would expect 15mins past too? [It doesn't, a bug?] And on the CBOE web site the SPY Product Spec is also showing 15mins past, but ...
    2) If the SPY is a CBOE product and trades Chicago hours (as shown in the spec as 8:30 to 15:15, ie same as ES), why is it shown with NY hours in eSignal (exch TZ set)?

Re: Bug? SPY Trading hours should end at 15 mins past?

Dave180

2) If the SPY is a CBOE product and trades Chicago hours (as shown in the spec as 8:30 to 15:15, ie same as ES), why is it shown with NY hours in eSignal (exch TZ set)?
    The SPDRs are listed on AMEX (now NYSE Euronext) and not the CBOE
    Alex

Originally posted by Dave180
    Actually two questions here

1) I see that on Stockcharts the SPY trades to 16:15, not 16:00. So when I set Auto in the time template I would expect 15mins past too? [It doesn't, a bug?] And on the CBOE web site the SPY Product Spec is also showing 15mins past, but ...

Comment

Could eSignal provide a comment here please.

Comment

We're looking into it.

Thanks.

Comment

For SPY:
          The closing time of the regular trading session is 16:00 ET.
          Per page 1 of the perspectus, which can be downloaded on the NYSE Euronext website here:

http://amex.com/etfpros/SPDR.pdf

The CBOE (Chicago Board Options Exchange) lists the options, which go until 16:15 ET.
          Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 11-25-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for link.
            I see no specific time in .link , just the refence "Individual SPDRs trade on the American Stock Exchange like any other equity security".
            I do note that on their web site they show a "Last Sale" as at 16:15, see http://www.amex.com/ - ETFs - Product Info - Description.

So, as per Stockcharts and AMEX, surely the close is 16:15?

Comment

The trades that occur after 16:00 are Form-T trades, which are after hours.

On an advanced chart you could create a time template to account for the time that you want the chart to display til.
              http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2242&p=1

On a Quote window you can add the Last/Extended Hours Last column to display trades that occur after hours.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X