Volume chart data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume chart data

I trade DIA and just started using volume charts.

I've noticed it has been getting quite a few out of market prints.

I have tried the price filtering tool but it doesnt seem to make a difference on the candles I look at.

Between 10:38PST and 10:50 there was several which I cant get to go away.

Is there anyway to get these removed real time?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

If you can post a screenshot and give a little more detail, that would really be helpful. I tried a 500v chart for DIA as a test and applied a very aggressive price filter (2-3%) and my chart shows a number of light blue "filtered bars". Can you do the same?

Thx

Comment

I'm also curious if you see any trade condition flags in Time and Sales for these prints? If so, do you have the setting to apply CID's automatically set in your preferences? File/Preferences/CID Settings. If those trades are considered "bad", setting that box should remove those ticks from the chart. If they are valid trades, then this setting will have no effect.

Thanks.

Comment

After I restarted esignal after the market closed all the bad ticks were gone so I dont have a screen shot of it.

The CID was unchecked, so I fixed that.

I also didnt take a look at the T&S to view the prints.

Next time it happens I will do what you mentioned and post it.

Even the aggressive tick filtering didnt help yesterday as the prints 1.00 away from the market were unaffected by the filter yet a couple candles near them were.

Jonathan

Comment

If those ticks were gone when you reloaded, they likely were bad. Checking that box should automatically apply the changes to your chart so you don't need to reload.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X